2022 Ford Evos mule

20 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

C'mon, you know that's a mule and not indicative of the final design. 

The back end most definitely is close to what will be offered so I'm looking beyond the mule

and more at the CGI in the link which has a new Focus style rear end, I'm not a fan of that styling

even though I've seen plenty in the flesh, it's a little too short for my liking but probably right for

the intended UK/Euro buyers. It's like the next size up from the Focus Active Estate/Stationwagon.

Edited by jpd80

Just noticed this...I don't think we are getting a traditional wagon shape with the Fusion Active or whatever they are calling it...more like the Mustang Mach E..that explains that weird kiink in the camo, you can see that the C and D pillars flow differently-This is going to be a bit more fastback looking. 

The last panel of glass is from a Focus Hatchback and you can see trim under it showing a different shape for the actual greenhouse. 

Fusion_sport.thumb.PNG.ffc24cb0068f5bc3592eae372a9068ff.PNGburlapcpar-ford-fusion-2.jpg.a6b61175205330d525405093f27b4e7c.jpg

Edited by silvrsvt

On 10/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, jpd80 said:

It's basically a lifted Mondeo stationwagon with a shortened tail.

There's something about that back that's not quite right...

Well, to me at least.......

I hadn't really noticed that until you pointed it out.  It's okay directly from the back but the side profile view is really awkward.  Now I can't un-see the weird profile.  Of course, if it's competing with Subaru, wouldn't it *need* to look a little weird? 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:59 AM, silvrsvt said:

Just noticed this...I don't think we are getting a traditional wagon shape with the Fusion Active or whatever they are calling it...more like the Mustang Mach E..that explains that weird kiink in the camo, you can see that the C and D pillars flow differently-This is going to be a bit more fastback looking. 

The last panel of glass is from a Focus Hatchback and you can see trim under it showing a different shape for the actual greenhouse. 

Fusion_sport.thumb.PNG.ffc24cb0068f5bc3592eae372a9068ff.PNGburlapcpar-ford-fusion-2.jpg.a6b61175205330d525405093f27b4e7c.jpg

I don't think you can draw any conclusion about the body based on this mule. The weird shape you see behind the C-pillar is because Ford had to add about 6" to the Focus wagon mule due to the longer wheelbase of the vehicle. The only clue about what it will look like is the suspension ride height... it doesn't have a typical lifted wagon ride height but more like a SUV.

I've said it many times in other threads that I believe this vehicle will look like a SUV. All signs point to this being an Edge like replacement. 

Here is a closer look of Focus wagon and this mule.

focus-2.jpgFusion_sport.PNG

Look at how the bottom of the body on this mule is lined up with the center hub of the wheel. While on the Focus, the bottom of the body is almost 3/4 way down the side of the rear tire. 

Now look at this close up of Focus Active wagon ride height. See how the bottom of the body is line up about 2" below the lowest lugnut (roughly 1" higher than regular Focus)? So my guess is this vehicle has roughly 3 to 4" higher ground clearance than Focus and at least 2" higher than Focus Active. That's pretty substantial difference. 

ford-focus-active-wagon.jpg

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...