Towing RV

Snuffy1

• 11 months later...

I towed a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am on a U-Haul car trailer from MI to CT a couple of weekends ago.  Had no issues going up and down the pretty decently sized hills in PA on I-80.  I was never lacking for power and it shifted fine with Tow mode on.  I just had the cruise set at 71 and it stayed at that and didn't complain.

UHaul trailer weighed 2,210 lbs and the car weighs around 3,600 lbs.

• 4 months later...

It is not an RV in this case but my wife has been pulling her 2-horse trailer with our Ranger while we wait on the F250. The total gross weight with both horses in the trailer is around 4200 and the truck sits decently level and gets the job done in what feels like a safe way. Fuel mileage though, that eco boost is working HARD!

• 10 months later...

I have a '21 Lariat Tremor with the factory tow package.  I have an '18 Forest River FSX180RT, which is a toy hauler that's 18 ft of camper and a 3 ft tongue, so 21 ft total.  dry weight is about 3,400 lbs and my bike is about 660 lbs.  with a few hundred lbs of misc items and gear I'm sitting at about 4,400 lbs or so.  My camper already had a weight distribution hitch from my last truck so I just had to set it up for the Ranger.  One of the first mods I made is to add the Redarc trailer brake controller.  This is a huge improvement and I personally will not tow a camper of this weight with a truck this size without the brake controller, weight distribution hitch and anti-sway bar.  Having a toy hauler is sub optimal vs a regular camper because this puts most of the weight aft of the axle, but it works fine for me. 

truck and camper.png