F150 Tremor?

1 hour ago, kyle said:

There is definitely a sweet spot in the market for this truck....and one of the few spots where for whatever reason, Ford has neglected and not sure why?  

I see a lot of Chevy Trail Boss's running around. Don't know why Ford took so long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akirby said:

They went all in with Raptor first.

Yeah, but Tremor is not that expensive or complicated to produce. Ram Rebel has been around long enough they should have seen this coming. They did, they just went with Super Duty first. I think the F150 should have been next with the Ranger following on the new platform.

• Like 1

I have to retrain my brain. When I saw the name Tremor I got excited hoping to see a cool street truck with a focus on performance.  Then I saw the pics and remembered Tremor now means off-road and am disappointed. 

Not sure why an F-150 version is needed with the Raptor but it is what it is.  I’m sure it will sell well though. 

19 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Yeah, but Tremor is not that expensive or complicated to produce. Ram Rebel has been around long enough they should have seen this coming. They did, they just went with Super Duty first. I think the F150 should have been next with the Ranger following on the new platform.

I just think they were probably worried it would take away from Raptor sales.  It’s not like they didn’t have anything to offer, just that Raptor was more expensive.  Having both now is a good strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MY93SHO said:

i think the logic is F-150 Raptor was successful, but Super Duty didn’t warrant a full Raptor version but a partial one.  And Ranger doesn’t either until the redesign.   So they wanted to give Ranger and Super Duty an entrant into that market before giving F-150 another entrant.  Now they’re fixing it.

I’m a big fan of the tremor package and I’m glad to see it expanding to other models. There’s a big market for people who want the look of an off-road vehicle but don’t necessarily want to pay raptor prices (just look at all the people over on the bronco forums wanting Sasquatch just for looks).

My guess is that Ford felt the FX4 package was good enough which was probably true at one time. Now that other manufacturers are offering factory lift kits, etc. the FX4 isn't quite enough to compete and not that many buyers are willing to step up to the Raptor. It really is overkill for most truck buyers. As others have said, the Tremor should hit the sweet spot. Too bad it won't have the 7.3L on the option list but at that point you might as well buy the SD version.

14 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

My guess is that Ford felt the FX4 package was good enough which was probably true at one time. Now that other manufacturers are offering factory lift kits, etc. the FX4 isn't quite enough to compete and not that many buyers are willing to step up to the Raptor. It really is overkill for most truck buyers. As others have said, the Tremor should hit the sweet spot. Too bad it won't have the 7.3L on the option list but at that point you might as well buy the SD version.

I think so too. After all, I think Trail Boss and Rebel packages were a response to FX4. But they went further than FX4 with more lift so now it is Ford's turn to respond.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:30 AM, FR739 said:

I have to retrain my brain. When I saw the name Tremor I got excited hoping to see a cool street truck with a focus on performance.  Then I saw the pics and remembered Tremor now means off-road and am disappointed. 

Not sure why an F-150 version is needed with the Raptor but it is what it is.  I’m sure it will sell well though. 

They had one in 2014 for just that one year. It was mostly just a trim package  on a regular cab model. I bought one and liked it quite a bit. If the new one shows up in the next 6-8 months, I'd consider it.

26 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

They had one in 2014 for just that one year. It was mostly just a trim package  on a regular cab model. I bought one and liked it quite a bit. If the new one shows up in the next 6-8 months, I'd consider it.

Yeah that’s the direction Ford should have gone.  Oh well...