Ford earnings rebound big in Q3 2020

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Given what is coming out over the next year and half or so, hopefully this is the proverbial turning of the corner we’ve been waiting for almost two head now. 

It really shuts down the argument that some had last week that the dividend was gone forever and Ford won't exist within a few years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Please, tell me again how the company will be out of business soon ?

Current recovery in the automotive industry is by no means guaranteed to continue in the next 6-12 months, especially if the resurgence of Covid-19 already taking place results in additional shutdowns and other impacts to the industry.

Nonetheless, Ford's Q3 results represent good news and show that Jim Hackett's fitness initiatives are starting to pay off. Jim Farley is in a good position to completely transform Ford's operations, getting it out of the "old world" as Hackett said and into the new.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, YT90SC said:

Explorer is a HUGE black eye right now. Warranty has to be absolutely killing profit there.  

It’s a crucial product so ford better straighten that out fast. We already know about the bad launch situation. Hopefully the ones they are building now are more refined and the issues worked out cause they sell tons of them 

53 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Current recovery in the automotive industry is by no means guaranteed to continue in the next 6-12 months, especially if the resurgence of Covid-19 already taking place results in additional shutdowns and other impacts to the industry.

Nonetheless, Ford's Q3 results represent good news and show that Jim Hackett's fitness initiatives are starting to pay off. Jim Farley is in a good position to completely transform Ford's operations, getting it out of the "old world" as Hackett said and into the new.

Holy shit, he actually told me how they’re still in trouble ?

4 hours ago, YT90SC said:

Explorer is a HUGE black eye right now. Warranty has to be absolutely killing profit there.  

Maybe last year but deffinetly not now, a retail sales increase of 73.9% in Q3 with a 5% gain in market share is a pretty healthy comeback in my book!

15 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Can you define trouble? 

Yes sir,  Jim Hackett defined it in terms of Ford's biggest challenge. "I don’t think this company can keep straddling the old and new worlds forever... This company has to change"

There is a lot to work remaining until Ford is "fit" again, the good news as I mentioned earlier is that what Hackett has done since 2017 has turned Ford around. Jim Farley mentioned this in the Q3 earnings call. "We haven’t suddenly fixed the issues in our automotive business, but we have a clear turnaround plan to get that done."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir,  Jim Hackett defined it in terms of Ford's biggest challenge. "I don’t think this company can keep straddling the old and new worlds forever... This company has to change"

There is a lot to work remaining until Ford is "fit" again, the good news as I mentioned earlier is that what Hackett has done since 2017 has turned Ford around. Jim Farley mentioned this in the Q3 earnings call. "We haven’t suddenly fixed the issues in our automotive business, but we have a clear turnaround plan to get that done."

Changing too soon isn't going to help the company...there is going be switchover to BEVs, but that isn't going happen overnight. I can see it accelerating in 10 years, but you still have 10 years of product to develop now (since the development process takes 3-5 years prior to a product coming out) to make it to that point.

34 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Changing too soon isn't going to help the company...there is going be switchover to BEVs, but that isn't going happen overnight. I can see it accelerating in 10 years, but you still have 10 years of product to develop now (since the development process takes 3-5 years prior to a product coming out) to make it to that point.

We've yet to see evidence of it but one thing Hackett was trying to implement was faster product development.