Genesis GV70

T-dubz

Overall it's not bad, aside from a few bad points....

1) The c-pillar is horrible.  I don't mind trying "something different", but the way they executed it is bad - the way the lower beltline trim just ends at the pillar looks strange.  Makes it look unfinished to me.

2) Exhaust outlets - the rounded elements don't seem to match the other styling elements of the vehicle (such as the squared off head/taillights).

3) Strange oval shape on the dash - that oval dash pod thing is ugly.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Is this a production or concept car?

I like the C pillar...it just looks different. The window behind it might be useless to see out of though. 

I'd imagine it's a "preview"  Most of it looks production ready except the wheels.

I think it looks great.  I actually like the C-pillar treatment.  Has a Porsche-like feel from the rear.

2 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

The infotainment screen seems to be set too far out of reach.

My guess is that it is controlled by the knobs in the center console.  I don't think that's a touchscreen.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

2) Exhaust outlets - the rounded elements don't seem to match the other styling elements of the vehicle (such as the squared off head/taillights).

Agree...particularly since their placement makes them immediately noticeable. 

It appears as though the exhaust outlets on the other concept model are rectangular in shape. 

I like it! C pillar and all. It seems strange to most of you now, but it will probably look more normal as you get used to seeing it. If they blacked it out, it would look like every other CUV on the market, which is why I think they should keep it the way it is. Make a bold statement with the style, and don't be afraid.

22 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

I like it! C pillar and all. It seems strange to most of you now, but it will probably look more normal as you get used to seeing it. If they blacked it out, it would look like every other CUV on the market, which is why I think they should keep it the way it is. Make a bold statement with the style, and don't be afraid.

That is unless the majority of people think it’s ugly. 

24 minutes ago, tbone said:

That is unless the majority of people think it’s ugly. 

Many people criticize new car style as ugly at first, but you get used to a certain style element and like it. There are plenty of new designs I thought was ugly, but I ended up warming up to them. The most recent example of that is the new Corvette. 

13 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

Many people criticize new car style as ugly at first, but you get used to a certain style element and like it. There are plenty of new designs I thought was ugly, but I ended up warming up to them. The most recent example of that is the new Corvette. 

Yes, agreed, I have has that happen before.  However, the Aztec is a an example otherwise.  

On 10/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, Anthony said:

My guess is that it is controlled by the knobs in the center console.  I don't think that's a touchscreen.

That will definitely be a touch screen. Same as the GV 80. 
I agree with RMC. That oval kind of reminds of second gen Taurus’s. Not a good thing.