Suburban HD coming?

Broncofan7

Only if it garnered significant sales and didn't cannibalize Silvererra sales.   Ford would also have to consider whether they have factory capacity.  It's a no brainer to build but the juice may not be worth the squeeze.   That never seems to stop GM though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akirby said:

Only if it garnered significant sales and didn't cannibalize Silvererra sales.   Ford would also have to consider whether they have factory capacity.  It's a no brainer to build but the juice may not be worth the squeeze.   That never seems to stop GM though.

GM also has something Ford doesn't, a dedicated full size BOF SUV plant. 

• Like 6

Interesting. The Secret Service must need some vehicles that can handle more weight.  

I don’t see there being a major market for these but who knows.  As Fuzzy pointed out it’s fairly easy for GM to produce as they have most of the infrastructure to do it already in place.  

I’d be surprised if it had the 6.2L though.  I think the new 6.6L gas or even the 6.6L Duramax would be more appropriate.  

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought secret service vehicles were mostly built by hand, or is that just The Beast? 

I’m guessing just The Beast but I think the Electronic Countermeasures Vehicle as well as the Presidents Secret Service Detail and Counter Assault Team vehicles are heavily modified Suburbans. Probably more heavily modified than we can imagine.  

49 minutes ago, FR739 said:

I’m guessing just The Beast but I think the Electronic Countermeasures Vehicle as well as the Presidents Secret Service Detail and Counter Assault Team vehicles are heavily modified Suburbans. Probably more heavily modified than we can imagine.  

They probably take finished ones off the line at Arlington and immediately go to an upfitter then.