DoogieUSA

Any improvments to 2021 Mustang GT manual transmission?

Can anyone comment factually on improvements to the MT-82 6 speed transmission involving the 2021 GT specifically?    I'm currently aware that Ford blessed the Mach 1 with the Tremec directly from the outgoing 350.  Thank you Ford for listening!  I'm shying away from the 2021 GT due to the distraught and disgruntled GT owners that have been part of the lawsuit with Ford regarding the substandard MT-82 Chinese made 6 speed hence causing failures.  Appreciate if someone with knowledge of this to set the record straight and share your thoughts of the Tremec v/s the 2021 GT MT-82.  Thanks in advance

On 10/30/2020 at 2:17 PM, DoogieUSA said:

Can anyone comment factually on improvements to the MT-82 6 speed transmission involving the 2021 GT specifically?    I'm currently aware that Ford blessed the Mach 1 with the Tremec directly from the outgoing 350.  Thank you Ford for listening!  I'm shying away from the 2021 GT due to the distraught and disgruntled GT owners that have been part of the lawsuit with Ford regarding the substandard MT-82 Chinese made 6 speed hence causing failures.  Appreciate if someone with knowledge of this to set the record straight and share your thoughts of the Tremec v/s the 2021 GT MT-82.  Thanks in advance

'21 Mustang GT owner here.  After hearing all the dissatisfaction I test drive the car I was sure I was going to purchase to determine if I could live with the MT82.  It was not anything like I was expecting, based on all the videos and posts.  It certainly is not like a T56, but the shifter is completely fine and enjoyable.  Maybe there was a change, but this transmission is more than adequate.