F150 FRUSTRATION

NHill

I am the owner of a 2019 Mustang with no problems.  Bought 2019 F150 in late July 2020 in OKC and since then this piece of junk has been at 2 different Ford Service centers (Joe Cooper Ford and Metro Ford) for 9 weeks.  I have had to make two make payments with no help financial from Ford or anyone else.  All I get is there have been delays because of COVID and that I just need to accept the fact that its not there fault.  Since the 21st of September my truck has been sitting in a parking lot waiting for Ford to send one part (gasket) with little to no communication.  Oh and Chuck promised the part would arrive before November, what a bunch of BS.      I'm mad about the being sold this piece of junk from the Bob Howard for not noticing the problems and at the Service centers who are taking way too much time to fix it.  Nice job Ford, where is the local Chevy location.  

2 hours ago, NHill said:

All I get is there have been delays because of COVID and that I just need to accept the fact that its not there fault.  Since the 21st of September my truck has been sitting in a parking lot waiting for Ford to send one part (gasket) with little to no communication.  Oh and Chuck promised the part would arrive before November, what a bunch of BS.      I'm mad about the being sold this piece of junk from the Bob Howard for not noticing the problems and at the Service centers who are taking way too much time to fix it.  Nice job Ford, where is the local Chevy location.  

Sorry you're having issues. However, ALL manufacturers are suffering COVID related parts issues. Backorder times are fluid at this point, and there is very very little that can be done about it. To give you an example, I had a part that was supposed to come off back order Nov 1. I checked status at 10AM, confirmed warranty status and by 3PM they had updated to the backorder off date to early December.

The service departments want to fix your "piece of junk" because they (Dealership, writers, parts, technicians) don't get paid without doing so. I personally have a STACK of tickets/vehicles sitting, waiting on parts, some for several months now.  I am full commission, so due to their sitting I can't get paid for the work I have already done (diagnosis and tear down). 

It is not going to get any better until COVID is done with, and even then it will take time to get everyone back online. 

What is the problem with your pickup? 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...