Really like my new 2020 XLT but dislike the center console cup holders

I'm not one to lower the center console at any time, it's cumbersome and quite frankly annoying when down but it does have the cup holders.  We live in a region that has triple digit heat 30+ days per summer so water bottles even on a short drive are essential so I designed/built my  own  utilizing that lower opening in the dash below the radio and A/C controls.  Now pressure anchored in that dash cubby space and the base of the console It's totally rock solid and also removeable via wing nuts.  The console if I ever put it down and my custom built cup holder do not interfere  with each other even with water bottles in place.  

IMG_4055.JPG

IMG_4056.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 6:53 PM, akirby said:

Were you expecting a medal?

Quit being cute posturing with your 3500+ post count-I posted two viable topics within nine November 2020 topics and all of them totaled to date received a grand total of forty replies.  No medal expected.        

9 hours ago, nickel plate said:

Another joker surfaced.

Was buying the Super Duty a way to compensate for something? Sorry, I guess I should've fawned over your cute little woodworking project more. Nice Job @nickel plate you got mad skills!!! Why it looks like its from a mid 80's Centurion up-fitted full size van conversion..

1-For-1 Swensen's Ice Cream & Dessert Buffet At ION Orchard (14-18 May) -  Goody Feed

Edited by twintornados

On 11/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, twintornados said:

Was buying the Super Duty a way to compensate for something? Sorry, I guess I should've fawned over your cute little woodworking project more. Nice Job @nickel plate you got mad skills!!! Why it looks like its from a mid 80's Centurion up-fitted full size van conversion..

twinnads,-This is my third F-250 XLT all bought new for hauling horses, cattle and tractors, first one purchased was in1990 so I'm no squealy assed CUTE bus stop virgin so drop that sh*t  keyboy .  It's quite apparent that you don't like what I posted here to show others with basic wood working skills that there is a way to have a decent cup holder without dropping the center consul on a 2020 XLT.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:51 AM, twintornados said:

• Haha 1

• akirby locked this topic