2022 Ford Expedition Interior Spy Shots Show Huge New Infotainment Screen

2022 Ford Expedition spy photo

Here's an in-thread pic for everyone.

Over at GMI, Borg says that Explorer is supposed to get a larger screen for 2022 (take it for what it's worth) - this implementation does point to how they could go about that, or it could just get the same one Edge got.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Why is Ford getting rid of the wiper de-icer on EVERYTHING? 

It’s a damn good question and highly irritating they are doing that. 

28 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Maybe the vendor doesn't offer it or people weren't asking for it?

If you live in a cold weather state, people definitely appreciate it, myself included. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tbone said:

It’s a damn good question and highly irritating they are doing that. 

If you live in a cold weather state, people definitely appreciate it, myself included. 

Not to derail this much further, but how does that work? With getting my Nav basically at the beginning of March, garaging it, and then Covid, I didn't get to use that feature. Owners Manual lumps this in with Heated Windshield. Is it actually heated? 

And, what are y'alls thoughts on that screen?

45 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Not to derail this much further, but how does that work? With getting my Nav basically at the beginning of March, garaging it, and then Covid, I didn't get to use that feature. Owners Manual lumps this in with Heated Windshield. Is it actually heated? 

Yes it heats the windshield where the wipers park.  

• Like 1

On another note, it's good to see that it's getting a new dash, as that points at Ford continuing investment in Expy/Navigator (whereas they were almost cancelled a few years ago).  I don't think we'll see as big of changes in Navigator, but guess you never know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew L said:

I am really curious how they will handle the Navigator's dash now.  Hope it is not just the same dash with a larger screen.  Hope they integrate it better.

If they don't fix the buggy infotainment and sluggishness of the infotainment upon startup of the vehicle, my next vehicle won't be a Navigator.  

I am glad to see them diverge from the F150 dash/console as I think that may have been costing some sales.  Maybe it wouldn’t have mattered as much if it got the 21 F150 dash, but I think differentiation is better.  I see this as a good sign for the future of the Expedition, because Ford must feel the investment is worthwhile to justify the expense. 

I personally like what I’m seeing, as I’m a fan of the Ram’s setup. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

These screens are getting too damn big, and no doubt they'll be too bright at night. But no you can't turn it off because that's where your HVAC controls are.

Stupid AF. 

I thought a remember seeing a video of the Mach-e showing that the screen could be turned off?

3 minutes ago, valve said:

I thought a remember seeing a video of the Mach-e showing that the screen could be turned off?

The only time I have trouble with brightness on our current vehicles is when we use Apple CarPlay.  It is super bright and does not automatically dim like the factory system. It would be nice if that could be addressed or ad the ability to dim the screen separate from the rest of your vehicle and Easily accessible. 

Edited by tbone

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Why is Ford getting rid of the wiper de-icer on EVERYTHING? 

I was curious why the 2020 Escape manual discusses heated windshield wiper park area, if equiped.  But it doesn't appear to be included even on the top end Titanium.  I checked the 2020 windshield part numbers and sure enough, there's part numbers for windshields with heated park area, both with/without auto wipers.  Did some research and the best I could determine is the heated park area feature is only available in Canada now.

Edited by CoolScoop

1 hour ago, tbone said:

The only time I have trouble with brightness on our current vehicles is when we use Apple CarPlay.  It is super bright and does not automatically dim like the factory system. It would be nice if that could be addressed or ad the ability to dim the screen separate from the rest of your vehicle and Easily accessible. 

That's by far my biggest complaint too but even in normal SYNC screens I still find it too bright, even with the dim set to minimum 

2 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

I was curious why the 2020 Escape manual discusses heated windshield wiper park area, if equiped.  But it doesn't appear to be included even on the top end Titanium.  I checked the 2020 windshield part numbers and sure enough, there's part numbers for windshields with heated park area, both with/without auto wipers.  Did some research and the best I could determine is the heated park area feature is only available in Canada now.

Only in Canada? Lame. I would love this feature on the new Bronco. Frozen wiper blades suuuuck

• Like 1