How many miles on your 3.5 Ecoboost?

PolarisCobra

My nephews 2011 F150 has 180k on it.  The spark plugs were replaced at 60K and he just replaced water pump b/c it had a small leak.  He also has an Explorer Sport with 100k and no issues.  My brother-in-laws have had a number of F150s with 3.5s that have gone over 100,000 with no issues. Any 3.5 I have had have been good however I don’t keep them Long enough to hit those mileage numbers.  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 2013 F150 Lariat that has 137,000 on it and have had very few issues on it.  I just replaced the water pump and had to have the throttle body flashed to reset it as the truck went into limp mode off and on and that happened last year.  Based on the manual I've had things serviced per the schedule and replaced the spark plugs at 100k.

2011 3.5L owned since new. 215,000 miles.  Just hit 10 years recently. Did a timing chain at 89,000 m and now 2nd one at 214,000. Did water pump and one turbo with 1st TC. Water pump again a month ago. I think they did one other turbo in between. Never had the fuel in crank case issue. Time for new truck. Next either 7.3L SD or rumored 6.8L in F150. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good thread. Considering placing an order for a 2022 F150 Tremor w/Torsen front diff. I'd assume the 22 3.5 ecoboost should be rock solid. I know cam phasers have been a big issue with the 3.5 ecoboost. Ford Boss Me on YouTube says the 5.0 coyote is more likely to have less issues long term, but 5.0 is not available on the 22 F150 Tremor