Speedometer Display-Help??

Wolfepack88

How the heck do you get the speed to display in the middle of the display vs on the end of the pointer.  I got into the car and yesterday to my surprise I had the speed in the middle of the display with the speed limit of the road displayed right next to it as a road sign just like on the HUD.  I was like wow I love this in lieu fo the speed showing up at the end of the pointer.   I thought it was a software update and it was an added feature as I asked about that when I bought my vehicle and was told it didn't have that capability.  My old Audi had the ability to have the digital speed right in the middle of the screen.  Lo and behold I come back to car today and its gone.  Can't figure out how it came on.   I took two pictures yesterday that shows the difference.  The first doesn't show the speed limit sign but it showed up when I was driving, the 2nd is the way it normally is 99.9% of the time.  Does anyone know how to get the display in picture one to be the permanent display, the manual had zippo on it?   The HUD was on in both instances, nothing was touched other than staring the vehicle.  

IMG_3124 (1).jpeg

IMG_3125.jpeg

Edited by Wolfepack88

• 5 months later...

I have the exact same problem with my 2021 Aviator. Did you find a solution?  If I turn on the km/hr, I will get both mph and km/hr displaying in the center of the speedometer, but I cannot get mph to display alone consistently.  Sometimes it’s there and sometimes it’s not. 

I can get the screens displayed by rampagex7, but I also get the screens displayed by Wolfepack88.  I have no control over which of the two screens that Wolfepack88 displayed.  Sometimes when I start the car I get the digital speed shown within the speedometer and other times it is blank in the center of the speedometer.  

I called the dealer and they never heard of the issue.  I’m bringing it in this week for evaluation.

My dealer’s service department claims that the digital speed is not supposed to appear in the center of the speedometer when the HUD is turned on.  It is only supposed to appear within the speedometer when the HUD is turned off.  However, they said there is a software glitch that causes the digital speed to appear sometimes even with HUD on.  Lincoln has not issued a software fix as of 4/21/21.