Tracking site credibility

bill.wood

I ordered a 2021 f350  on 9/14   Got VIN 1ft8x3bt8mec18901 on 9/20.  Production date of 10/28.  No built date or ship date info posted.   Then...I got an estimated delivery of 11/21. That would be three weeks after production, for delivery.  Recently, a countdown to delivery started. This morning, the countdown was down to 8 days.   By all accounts, if it was 8 days until delivery, that truck had to be well underway on the train. As I am retired CSX employee. I know that It would have to be in route to either Buffalo or Selkirk, then shipped by truck to Rochester for delivery.  Tonight, I looked it up and estimated delivery was pushed back to 12/2.  Does any body know when or if my truck was really built, when it was shipped or if it will arrive??  How is it that any number of other companies can ACCURATELY track a $5.00 item, but Ford can't keep track of a $70,000 truck??  There are

about $2,000 worth of parts sitting on my empty shop floor, with nothing to put them on. Recently, I sold my only vehicle and have been sharing one through the generosity of a friend.   Perhaps...Ford should reevaluate what "JOB ONE" means!

Edited by bill.wood
more comment

• 1 month later...

Did you receive your truck, figure out what the issue was?  Going through the same with one I ordered that was reportedly built on 12/12 and shipped on 12/14 with delivery scheduled for 12/28.  Three days before delivery it changed to 01/22!  

Edited by Roy Hodge