Crappy 2020 Explorer Carpet

Hi All,

Really livid about my new Explorer and the two issues it's had so I'm curious to know if any of you out there have experienced the same. I've had the vehicle since September and it currently has 2,000 miles on it.

1.) Fault with the powertrain/awd system that once taken in was determined to be a bad chip?

2.) Front driver's side carpet is shredding away in big clumps and the area just in front of the seat bottom cushion is ALREADY stripped bare.

Thanks,

TT

8 hours ago, YT90SC said:

1. They're really struggling with the AWD module/clutch/wiring problems. There will probably be a software update or TSB for it. 

2. Under warranty. Have it replaced. 

1. Copy that. I'll watch the FordPass app for a recall or field service notice.

2. For sure, going in on Monday.

TT

On 11/14/2020 at 12:09 AM, TobyTime said:

Hi All,

Really livid about my new Explorer and the two issues it's had so I'm curious to know if any of you out there have experienced the same. I've had the vehicle since September and it currently has 2,000 miles on it.

1.) Fault with the powertrain/awd system that once taken in was determined to be a bad chip?

2.) Front driver's side carpet is shredding away in big clumps and the area just in front of the seat bottom cushion is ALREADY stripped bare.

Thanks,

TT

Interesting article regarding quality and reliability of the 2020 Explorer:  https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/11/19/ford-explorer-ranks-among-lowest-scoring-models-reliability-survey/3770227001/

3 hours ago, 1999 White C5 Coupe said:

Thanks! I'll check this out. So far the carpet is being ordered and replaced, and the power train issue seems resolved. Let's hope nothing more pops up in the next 34 months!

Edit: Interesting article. I knew issues plagued the new Explorer's launch but my spouse loves the Explorer so I acquiesced and we got another. So far I really hate the XLT we settled on. They pulled so many nice features from it but had priced the much preferred Limited so much higher and wouldn't budge or deal on it, so I begrudgingly said fine, I'll blame COVID and just settle. Never again.

TT

Edited by TobyTime