Maverick Interior Spy Shots

4 minutes ago, T hawker said:

For us wishful thinkers, the re-circulate button looks to be of a 2-door truck configuration. :)

If this is a C2 platform, can it take the 2.7L V6?  Another wishful thought.

There are no C2 vehicles using a V6 yet.  It’s possible it will max out at the 2.3L.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T hawker said:

Mom's MKC with the 2.0 has surprising power so the 2.3 should perform very well, especially if tied to AWD.

I agree.  Not sure they need the 2.7L.  And with Edge and Nautilus seemingly dead men walking the 2.7L might be RWD only going forward.  Only question mark is Fusion.

2.3L powerboost hybrid and/or a tune should be pretty peppy.

I really think HEVs and PHEVs will be key in the transition to electrification over the next 10-15 years.  Makes way more sense than trying to go full BEV only like Caddy just to compete with Tesla.  It didn’t work with BMW sedans either.  And competing with a company who sells their vehicles below cost is never a good idea unless you’re trying to go out of business.

• Like 5

At some point wasn’t there a rumor that the maverick would start around $20k? Even with some options, that would make for a nice daily driver that can handle the occasional trip to Home Depot for some larger items in the bed at a very affordable price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trader 10 said:

2 problems with a 20k starting price: Ford will say it can’t make money and it would steal too many higher profit Ranger sales. 

Ranger already starts at $24,410 so it does seem feasible. I’d guess closer to 22k though. For reference the bronco sport starts at 26,660. I’d guess the maverick will be standard 2WD and your not paying for the bronco name so it should be cheaper than that too.

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's one thing to compare MSRP's but if a customer is shopping primarily by price, they're also looking at the net selling price after applicable rebates and incentives. In that regard, you can be sure that Ford will consider the incentives as part of the equation. 

F150 XLTs have had $4K - $6K incentives (in addition to other discounts) for as long as I can remember.  I guarantee you those are built into the MSRP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

F150 XLTs have had $4K - $6K incentives (in addition to other discounts) for as long as I can remember.  I guarantee you those are built into the MSRP.

Absolutely! That's the point I was trying to make... that Ford's pricing strategy includes rebates and incentives. 

• Like 1