Maverick Interior Spy Shots

Just now, silvrsvt said:

I'm curious as to what they'll be doing around the bed-it looks like it has some sort of trim piece that needs to go there

Overall it looks like a cross between the next gen Ranger and the F-150...not a bad thing.

All the trucks have something like that around the top perimeter of the bed/tailgate. It's for the plastic dent guards. 

2022-ford-maverick-body-in-white-rear-thI think it looks pretty good. I’m not sure why they were complaining about the bed size in the article, it looks to be proportional with the rest of the body. Any longer and it would look stupid. My only concern is that it looks like there is going to be some trim on the back of the cab. Hopefully that’s just for the window and not some trim piece like the avalanche had.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Smaller than what that mountain of camo hinted it would be but should be perfect for the target market. 

For sure. My expectations are entirely realistic: I want something that I can throw muddy gear in after a bike race or bring home a few hundred pounds of flagstone without beating up my hatch or needing to spend two hours cleaning out the back of my CX-5 after doing so. We all operate under this "but I need to carry sheet goods!!" concern where the full size capacity is needed, but the reality is that those occasions pale in comparison to what a lot of us are currently using a crossover or SUV for (if we're not towing or off-roading).

• Like 1

Does this bed offer some surprises? It obviously doesn’t have the trunk in the bed like the ridgeline, but notice the cutout towards the tailgate. Could the maverick also get the “pro power onboard” generator like the f150? That sure does look like a similar cut out to the f150. Even if it’s not the generator, a storage solution there would be cool.

all-new-f-150-030-jpg-1593190450.jpg?res

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Does this bed offer some surprises? It obviously doesn’t have the trunk in the bed like the ridgeline, but notice the cutout towards the tailgate. Could the maverick also get the “pro power onboard” generator like the f150? That sure does look like a similar cut out to the f150. Even if it’s not the generator, a storage solution there would be cool.

Almost all pickups usually have a cutout like that. There's usually a tie down hook in there somewhere. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

Probably steel with aluminum doors and hood to keep costs down.

I'll admit the bed looks larger than I expected.

Those doors definitely look like they’re steel to me. That's the same matte finish the unpainted Ranger doors have. If they were aluminum they would be slightly shinier and a brighter color silver. 

Edited because I was thinking of something else. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

42 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Those doors definitely look like they’re steel to me. That's the same matte finish the unpainted Ranger doors have. If they were aluminum they would be slightly shinier and a brighter color silver. 

Edited because I was thinking of something else. 

Ranger still has steel doors?  Interesting.

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

With rumors of Maverick getting at minimum (if not standard) form of hybrid powertrain, I'd imagine it's totally plausible it could get a mild version of PowerBoost branding/features.

27 minutes ago, tbone said:

This is looking really good. I’m a little disappointed they didn’t create some faux separation between the bed and the cab, but I still like it.  I have a good feeling about the sales potential of this truck.  

I'm at the other end of the spectrum,  glad there is no faux line.  Still hoping for a two door and now also ICE only version.