Maverick Interior Spy Shots

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Given the regulations coming down the pike, ICE only is going to be a very rare thing. 

I think you are correct sir.  I read the posts on this site and can see the writing on the wall.  Living in a very rural area and not seeing any major investment in the electric grid questions this push toward EV's.  But every day I'm more confident in my purchase of the BL Nautilus 2.7l, it's probably my last new car, hope it lasts 20 years or so.

34 minutes ago, T hawker said:

I think you are correct sir.  I read the posts on this site and can see the writing on the wall.  Living in a very rural area and not seeing any major investment in the electric grid questions this push toward EV's.  But every day I'm more confident in my purchase of the BL Nautilus 2.7l, it's probably my last new car, hope it lasts 20 years or so.

IIRC If they say the only offer a Plug in Hybrid, you don't actually have to plug it in?

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They can also offer their fold up/flip out bed extender.

Amazon.com: Ford OEM Factory Stock Genuine 2015 2016 F-150 Black Bed  Tailgate Stowable Folding Collapsable Extender: Automotive

I expect they will have this option. I have it on my Raptor and I use it fairly regularly. Hopefully they will have a few other tricks up their sleeve to expand its capabilities. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Honestly I'm fine with that. The idea of a PHEV greatly interests me. 

+1 

I grow ever more attracted to the idea of being able to run to the hardware store, to pick up dinner or to go run a quick errand around town under full electric power without having to sacrifice overall power output or range. In a more utilitarian vehicle? Sign me up!

7 minutes ago, beefdaddy said:

+1 

I grow ever more attracted to the idea of being able to run to the hardware store, to pick up dinner or to go run a quick errand around town under full electric power without having to sacrifice overall power output or range. In a more utilitarian vehicle? Sign me up!

I would be first in line for a Ranger PHEV. 

This pickup looks nice and all from what I've seen, but let's not get overly optimistic about its sales prospects. Car based and/or unibody pickups have never sold all that well in the US. The Ranchero only sold over 40K/year a couple of times over its 23-year run. The El Camino and its GMC companion (Sprint/Caballero) did better, topping out one year at 72K sales. Since 1980, the VW (Rabbit) Pickup, Dodge Rampage, Subaru BRAT, Subaru Baja, and Honda Ridgeline have all had unspectacular sales. The Maverick will have to sell super cheap (i.e. minimal profits), because once the MSRP starts creeping into the upper $20K region, it gets closer to Ranger and F-Series territory.

21 hours ago, AGR said:

This pickup looks nice and all from what I've seen, but let's not get overly optimistic about its sales prospects. Car based and/or unibody pickups have never sold all that well in the US. The Ranchero only sold over 40K/year a couple of times over its 23-year run. The El Camino and its GMC companion (Sprint/Caballero) did better, topping out one year at 72K sales. Since 1980, the VW (Rabbit) Pickup, Dodge Rampage, Subaru BRAT, Subaru Baja, and Honda Ridgeline have all had unspectacular sales. The Maverick will have to sell super cheap (i.e. minimal profits), because once the MSRP starts creeping into the upper $20K region, it gets closer to Ranger and F-Series territory.

I think there are a few factors different than vehicles you pointed out, though.  Price and size are a big factor, as well as brand.  I think it could successfully span a 25-40?k price range, and appeal to those that may not need the full capabilities of a "regular" truck like Ranger.  Plus, full size trucks, and even midsize ones have gotten pretty big, so if you can offer something smaller, that can appeal to a lot of buyers.  Buyers also don't really go to a brand like Subaru or Honda for trucks, I think an entrant from Ford, a known truck powerhouse, has more legs to stand on out of the gates just for that alone.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think there are a few factors different than vehicles you pointed out, though.  Price and size are a big factor, as well as brand.  I think it could successfully span a 25-40?k price range, and appeal to those that may not need the full capabilities of a "regular" truck like Ranger.  Plus, full size trucks, and even midsize ones have gotten pretty big, so if you can offer something smaller, that can appeal to a lot of buyers.  Buyers also don't really go to a brand like Subaru or Honda for trucks, I think an entrant from Ford, a known truck powerhouse, has more legs to stand on out of the gates just for that alone.

This perfectly sums it up. The f150 is a great vehicle. I have owned several over the years, but they are getting pretty big. I don’t think they will fit in most garages anymore which is a deal breaker for me. They are also getting expensive. XL’s can have an MSRP in the 40’s.

the maverick will appeal to those same people that buy compact SUVs like the escape or bronco sport but like the capability of carrying something a bit larger every once in a while. The ridgeline is a cool little truck with some nice features, but it just doesn’t look very good. If Ford can make the maverick look “truck-like” and give it some of the cool features like the ridgeline, I think it could do really well. 

• 5 weeks later...