Maverick Interior Spy Shots

...or they will share similar design cues....the wheel wells / fender flares dont look the same as the design render so maybe the render is the Ranger as well.

Possible-next-generation-Ford-Ranger-front-three-quarters.jpg.2c8590cce95a5ce15f4d9726064aafc9.jpg

1380212248_FordMaverickTruckfactoryleak-Mavericktruckclub_com.thumb.jpg.942bfc51d03102dd1df648d4eab8d093.jpg

PS: That is one UGLY grille unless it is missing an insert.

The fenders on the Maverick spyshot look just like the current Ranger's but has a non-clamshell hood much like the next-gen Ranger render above.

1955320456_ScreenShot2021-01-08at4_27_15PM.thumb.png.90e1593d19e0ae6c0deb0c9929f691a3.png

Edited by Anthony

Yeah it really does look like a pickup instead of a wannabe pickup. Color me impressed. 

Going by what I see of the grill on the Maverick and the Explorer FX4 or whatever they are calling it and seeing the NG Ranger grill, they are missing chrome parts to me at least. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Remember PD said Maverick offers a bit of a peek at the NG Ranger. I don't know if he's right or not as I haven't seen either one but it seems logical at least. 

I just realized (duh) that the Ranger render has vents behind the fender.  Is it a Ranger Raptor render?  If so, the regular Ranger model may not have those big boxy fender flares (ie: look more like the fenders on the current Ranger) and make the entire design look even more like the Maverick than we initially thought.

22 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Es difícil saberlo por una sola foto tomada desde un ángulo bajo, pero me gusta la proporción y la postura del camión. 

Esto parece un esfuerzo más serio que el de Fiat Toro ... me pregunto si Ford intentará venderlo fuera de América. 

south america for sure, this type of pick up is sold a lot and with Mexico there are commercial agreements, it will not pay tariffs.

• Like 1

Impressive! I been trying to envision what it would look like as 'truckish' but I like what I'm seeing here. PremierDrum did say that Ford Trucks was involved with this project. So it would indeed be 'Built Ford Tough' even if front drive-based unibody and it gives a nice truckish vibe. It would likely have good payload and towing figures for its class too. Impressive, can't wait until official reveal and more info is released.

The Maverick will be a huge hit in areas with snowy climates. Some people buy larger trucks or SUVs specifically for winter-duty. The Maverick looks like it will be an affordable way to deal with winter snow without much sacrifice in terms of fuel economy or interior space. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, Anthony said:

I just realized (duh) that the Ranger render has vents behind the fender.  Is it a Ranger Raptor render?  If so, the regular Ranger model may not have those big boxy fender flares (ie: look more like the fenders on the current Ranger) and make the entire design look even more like the Maverick than we initially thought.

I hate to be the one with a bucket of cold water, but...

The render isn't of a Ranger Raptor. Those are badge appliques, not functional vents. 

• Like 1