2021 F-150 Hybrid Test Drive

ice-capades

Thank your for sharing this ice-capades sir! Here's another review of F-150 Hybrid from Motor Trend. They really love the performance of the hybrid powertrain, and love the Power Pro Onboard feature even more. https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/f-150/2021/2021-ford-f-150-powerboost-first-test/

To recap pricing: PowerBoost is available on SuperCrew versions of all F-150 trim grades. Prices for the hybrid and mobile generator tech range from $4,495 on XL and XLT, to $3,300 on Lariat, and $2,500 on King Ranch and up. That's always $500 less than the Power Stroke diesel and $1,900 more than the gas-only 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6. If you're mostly looking to save fuel, my hunch is that most F-150 owners will do better with the diesel, though fuel savings are highly unlikely to ever pay for either engine option.

What can more easily pay for itself is Power Pro Onboard. MotorTrend owns a terrific Honda EU3000iS generator. I've recently used it and found that it's plenty strong enough to run my heater and chain saw. It retails for more than $2,000 and weighs 130 pounds. That's a lot to hoist into and out of a pickup bed when the need arises, or to lug out of the garage or shed when your power fails and you need to keep the fridge and TV running. Power Pro Onboard as a unique selling proposition is every bit as compelling as Ram's air- or coil-sprung rear suspension. The fact that it also delivers Raptor performance is delicious icing on a sublime cake.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I test drove a power boost last weekend, and i was very impressed.  If I were buying a new F150, I would definitely consider it.  I think the price premium is justifiable with the double benefit of power and efficiency.