Trying to sell our 2012 Focus - how to word description about Dual Clutch transmission?

LookingToBuyAFord

The car (2012 base SE) has about 75,000 miles on it and a few minor bumps and superficial marks. I am struggling of a way to word the description so the transmission issue does not scare away any buyers. We’ve taken the car in multiple times and always fixed under warranty but it’s not fixed. It drives okay, you can just feel a little hesitation in the transmission when accelerating and a little high pitched whine at high speeds.

Any advice?

Also how much do you think I could get for it? Less mileage but an older car. I am thinking about $3,800.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I traded in my 2014 when I got my Ranger and only got $4k for it. Mine was an SE hatchback but had leather heated seats and the upgraded 17" wheels.  Had ~ 60k miles and was in great condition, but did have a minor accident on the CarFax..  I couldn't in good conscience sell it to someone with that transmission.  I figured if it was sold via a dealership, the buyer would at least have the option of a warranty. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Anthony said:

Yeah, I traded in my 2014 when I got my Ranger and only got $4k for it. Mine was an SE hatchback but had leather heated seats and the upgraded 17" wheels.  Had ~ 60k miles and was in great condition, but did have a minor accident on the CarFax..  I couldn't in good conscience sell it to someone with that transmission.  I figured if it was sold via a dealership, the buyer would at least have the option of a warranty. 

More like it went straight to auction and ended up on some third rate used car lot to be sold to some unsuspecting kid as his or her first car.....

On 12/19/2020 at 5:42 AM, twintornados said:

More like it went straight to auction and ended up on some third rate used car lot to be sold to some unsuspecting kid as his or her first car.....

It got sold at the same dealer.  They listed it at $8.5k and it sold.  I found out when I got my warranty reimbursed and verified it with a VIN check (my original sale in 2015 and the listing from the same dealer in 2019):

2112939185_ScreenShot2020-12-20at12_59_17PM.thumb.png.a82fb37e4faf76b54c92f98a72f7bb2d.png

Edited by Anthony
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Got an offer for $4000 usd including the winter tyres. Originally listed for $4700.

the potential buyer brought her mechanic along who listed that a ball bearing had to be replaced, sensor has to be replaced and the front brakes had to be fixed and he would do the fixing- he estimated 4-5 hours of his time.

while I’m sure going through a shop would be more expensive- I don’t think all that work would cost $600.

especially considering I am throwing in snows.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...