No O2 sensor listed in the FSM. WT?

Have an '02 Taurus that just rolled over 100k so I'm looking to change out all the O2 sensors before the weather gets too cold.  I go to look up oxygen sensor in the old FSM to see what this is gonna look like and I can't find the term 'oxygen sensor' listed anywhere.  Not in either the Fuel System or Exhaust System sections or in the back index.  The closest it's referenced in one of the two previously mentioned sections is something like a 'catalytic monitor.'  And nowhere can I find the procedure for changing them out.

Am I missing something here?

On 11/22/2020 at 10:48 PM, bradleyheathhays said:

Have an '02 Taurus that just rolled over 100k so I'm looking to change out all the O2 sensors before the weather gets too cold.  I go to look up oxygen sensor in the old FSM to see what this is gonna look like and I can't find the term 'oxygen sensor' listed anywhere.  Not in either the Fuel System or Exhaust System sections or in the back index.  The closest it's referenced in one of the two previously mentioned sections is something like a 'catalytic monitor.'  And nowhere can I find the procedure for changing them out.

Am I missing something here?

What is an "FSM"? Do you mean workshop manual? If you do, it is in the "Engine" section 303-14, Electronic Engine Controls. 

The upstreams (Ford base number 9F472, green connector) are the only ones that affect fuel delivery. The downstreams (Ford base number 9G444, blue connector) are ONLY there for catalyst efficiency monitoring. You will probably find that they have all been superseded to a commonized sensor (think it is 9G444) and the end will have a white connector without exclusion tabs. DO NOT USE electrical grease or any other silicone based chemicals on ANY oxygen sensors. 

• 1 month later...