Mustang Mach E longest range Non Tesla BEV

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've been saying for months that for whatever reason Mach E just doesn't photograph well. It looks much better in person, especially in Rapid Red. 

I like it from the photos I've seen, but I know what your saying. 

Its like seeing the Nissan GT-R in person...its fucking huge vs what you think it is in photos.

Edited by silvrsvt

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've been saying for months that for whatever reason Mach E just doesn't photograph well. It looks much better in person, especially in Rapid Red. 

My dealership's first Mach-E that was produced a while ago and just had it's Window Sticker released last night is Rapid Red. I've especially anxious on seeing it when it arrives based on your credibility!

• Like 3

Saw one over the weekend near my house. I live down the street from Motortrend office so I often see the staff and writers there driving vehicles that are still under media embargo. I think MACH E are now with the press for first drive impressions so we should see the articles hit social media pretty soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Saw one over the weekend near my house. I live down the street from Motortrend office so I often see the staff and writers there driving vehicles that are still under media embargo. I think MACH E are now with the press for first drive impressions so we should see the articles hit social media pretty soon. 

What was your 'in the flesh' impression (ala fuzzy's comments on seeing it in person)?

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

for whatever reason all the photos Ive seen, barring but a couple...are taken from an knee level looking up...makes the front end look bulbous...in the flesh the car looks GREAT, and lots of really nice details...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

for whatever reason all the photos Ive seen, barring but a couple...are taken from an knee level looking up...makes the front end look bulbous...in the flesh the car looks GREAT, and lots of really nice details...

Dean, maybe you can shed some light on this.  Do dealers have to sign up to sell the Mach-E?  Or be Mach-E certified?  I was looking at the Mach-E webpage and was asked to enter my zip code.  When I did, my local dealer wasn't included in the selection of dealers selling the Mach-E.  The nearest Mach-E dealer is 25 miles away.  I have no intention of buying one, I'm looking at a Bronco, but was curious as to why some dealers are carrying the Mach-E, and others apparently aren't (at least initially).

2 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Dean, maybe you can shed some light on this.  Do dealers have to sign up to sell the Mach-E?  Or be Mach-E certified?  I was looking at the Mach-E webpage and was asked to enter my zip code.  When I did, my local dealer wasn't included in the selection of dealers selling the Mach-E.  The nearest Mach-E dealer is 25 miles away.  I have no intention of buying one, I'm looking at a Bronco, but was curious as to why some dealers are carrying the Mach-E, and others apparently aren't (at least initially).

Allocation? Ford is only building so many for North America 1st year.

16 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

I believe they do have to be certified to sell and service Mach-E and/or hybrids in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

I believe so...I think there are requirements, such as charging stations and technician certification...but Ill verify before I spout off....

2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

What was your 'in the flesh' impression (ala fuzzy's comments on seeing it in person)?

I saw it last year at LA Auto Show so it's not the first time I've seen it up close. But I agree with fuzzy that it looks better in person. The front looks a bit bulky on photos but it doesn't look like that in person, mostly due to the angle of viewing. A lot of PR photos are taken at the grille/wheel level for maximum effect but in person, you are almost always looking down at the car when standing next to it.

My favorite view is the rear 3/4 look... the car looks muscular and purposeful with good design aesthetic. nice fender bulge and stance. And I love the fastback look on almost any car... the most stylish shape for a vehicle. Someone is going to come out with a lowering kit and it will transform the look of the car some more. Aside from the ground clearance, the car looks very much like a hatchback and not much of a SUV. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I believe so...I think there are requirements, such as charging stations and technician certification...but Ill verify before I spout off....

Must have 1 BEV enrolled and available in the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program, must have a minimum of two Level 2  (240V) chargers available, sales & service personnel required to be certified in select BEV courses (techs must be certified in high voltage systems and high voltage battery repair) and a list of required shop equipment  (includes BEV high voltage battery module balancing charger, BEV hoist table, FHEV high voltage battery rescue charger, a smoke machine for leak testing battery packs & a variety of other tools for servicing all EVs (BEV, PHEV & hybrid).   We passed at this time as well.

• Like 3

As much as I dislike some of the business decisions Ford made surrounding this SUV, I am hoping beyond hope that it obliterates Tesla in terms of sales and profit.  

It certainly has a ton going for it. It’s rather attractive, it’s being built by an established company that knows what they’re doing, it’s not built in a tent, etc.  As a result the quality should be leaps and buds above Tesla although so is a 1982 Chevette. 

Either way, it has all the ingredients to be a runaway success and not a runaway nightmare like Teslas.  

3 hours ago, FR739 said:

As much as I dislike some of the business decisions Ford made surrounding this SUV, I am hoping beyond hope that it obliterates Tesla in terms of sales and profit.  

It certainly has a ton going for it. It’s rather attractive, it’s being built by an established company that knows what they’re doing, it’s not built in a tent, etc.  As a result the quality should be leaps and buds above Tesla although so is a 1982 Chevette. 

Either way, it has all the ingredients to be a runaway success and not a runaway nightmare like Teslas.  

Your hatred is pathetic. As is some other posters' Tesla Derangement Syndrome.

I want to see Ford, GM, and Tesla obliterate the foreign competition, especially the Japanese automakers.

Edited by AGR
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AGR said:

I want to see Ford, GM, and Tesla obliterate the foreign competition, especially the Japanese automakers.

There's a good chance that will happen as the automotive industry transitions to 100% electric vehicles. Tesla continues be the dominant player, GM is now "all-in" with BEV, and Ford shows signs of heading in that direction too.

Among the Japanese automakers, Toyota is fixated on hybrids and fool cells, Honda is partnering with GM on BEV development, Nissan & Mitsubishi lost their first mover advantage with BEV, Mazda & Subaru haven't announced much in the way of specific BEV models for the U.S. market.

38 minutes ago, AGR said:

Your hatred is pathetic. As is some other posters' Tesla Derangement Syndrome.

I never said I hated Tesla. 

I do hate Musk though.  He’s a complete fraud who will say anything to peddle his garbage.  

I just view Tesla for what it is and their products for what they are.  As such, it’s very clear that the Mach E is leaps and bounds ahead of Tesla in terms of quality and you can be darn sure Ford will actually make money on them. 

I think the Mach E will be a bigger hit than the Bronco.  Sure the Bronco will have many more sales, but I see the Mach E being the new Flex in terms of conquest sales and doing more for the brand long term than the Bronco.  

Unless the Mach E is the next Pinto, I really don’t see how it can fail.  And remember, I’m not a fan of electric cars.  But I see the merits.