Jump to content

None






silvrsvt

Mustang Mach E longest range Non Tesla BEV

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, AGR said:

 

Yeah right...  If you want to see someone with an irrational hatred of Tesla, find a mirror. There are others, too

 

The Mach-E has one major disadvantage versus Tesla: it charges slow.

that's true...but IIRC there is one way of charging that's relatively quick. But yes, the Tesla has quicker charging, and a better charging infrastructure...I will counter that with, I would lay $ on the E being better constructed and of better material quality....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, akirby said:


Vast majority of charging happens overnight at home where charging speed doesn’t matter.  But for the few people that travel with a BEV the Tesla supercharger are an advantage.

I already know all of this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FR739 said:

Not saying being a blind cheerleader is a good thing or a bad thing, but they refuse to acknowledge the facts.  

 

The fact is that Tesla remains far ahead of any incumbent automaker in the design, engineering, and marketing of BEV. If that wasn't the case, the title of this thread wouldn't need the phrase "non-Tesla" in it.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I decide to buy a Mach E someday, it will because of its looks, its instant torque, its quietness, and the ability to charge up as easily as getting gas on every street corner in a matter of 10 minutes or less. No other real reasons. I just don't see them as especially clean as long as you have to charge them up all the time and then have to dispose the battery someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

 

The fact is that Tesla remains far ahead of any incumbent automaker in the design, engineering, and marketing of BEV. If that wasn't the case, the title of this thread wouldn't need the phrase "non-Tesla" in it.

 

 

 

 

I wonder how many Tesla super charging stations are solar powered only. Now that would be clean running. Yep, Tesla has a huge lead like it or not, and Tesla is always pushing the envelope. The Achilles Heel though is Tesla is totally dependent upon Musk and he looks run down to me and probably has covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

 

The fact is that Tesla remains far ahead of any incumbent automaker in the design, engineering, and marketing of BEV. If that wasn't the case, the title of this thread wouldn't need the phrase "non-Tesla" in it.

 

 

 

 


Yes Tesla is far ahead of the game when it comes to bumpers falling off in the rain and launching their vehicles into the back of fire trucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I believe most of us are just jealous we didn't buy Tesla stock way back when at $30 and would now be millionaires. Enough to piss anyone off as we hold onto our single digit Ford stock for years and feel like chumps. Hopefully Farley can turn this Turkey around and make us less jealous of Tesla and all the millionaires created by Tesla stock. 

 

There many factors involved in both Tesla's and Ford's per share performance. Invest in companies you know based on research, performance, etc. and don't look back on opportunities you may have missed. Whining about the opportunity you missed doesn't accomplish anything productive. And as for Ford, let Farley do his job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 11:28 PM, FordBuyer said:

I just don't see them as especially clean as long as you have to charge them up all the time and then have to dispose the battery someday.

 

That is also known as trading it in. Also gaining speed is EV battery recycling that re-uses the minerals in the battery pack to make more batteries.

 

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/06/quick-guide-to-ev-battery-reuse-recycling/

 

Surprise, surprise...Tesla is also going "all in" for recycling batteries at their Gigafactory 1 in Nevada....then we wonder why Tesla stock is going through the roof while Ford and GM are treading water...

 

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122631_tesla-launches-battery-recycling-at-nevada-gigafactory

Edited by twintornados

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twintornados said:

 

That is also known as trading it in. Also gaining speed is EV battery recycling that re-uses the minerals in the battery pack to make more batteries.

 

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/03/06/quick-guide-to-ev-battery-reuse-recycling/

 

Surprise, surprise...Tesla is also going "all in" for recycling batteries at their Gigafactory 1 in Nevada....then we wonder why Tesla stock is going through the roof while Ford and GM are treading water...

 

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1122631_tesla-launches-battery-recycling-at-nevada-gigafactory

Yeah, Tesla is a moving target. Musk never sleeps and is always driving his engineers forward much like Steven Jobs used to at Apple. I would never underestimate Musk and I'm sure Ford doesn't. America is lucky to have him. He and Jobs are arguably huge figures in our world. Huge figures. One a legacy and the other not done developing his legacy yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Model S is older than the Fusion, and there is no sign of it being replaced any time soon.  The S and X should be replaced by now (including regular rear doors).  May as well be the new Crown Vic. Musk/Tesla seem to have ADHD and are only interested in what’s next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, sullynd said:

The Model S is older than the Fusion, and there is no sign of it being replaced any time soon.  The S and X should be replaced by now (including regular rear doors).  May as well be the new Crown Vic. Musk/Tesla seem to have ADHD and are only interested in what’s next. 


That’s all they can afford to do - pimp the new products to keep up the hype and get new deposits while the older stuff rots on the vine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Instead of posting negative comments about Tesla for the last 10+ years on this site, how about just shorting the stock if so sure that Tesla will eventually fail. At best, Tesla will become a major player as it grows exponentially, or at worst will be bought by a major company for mucho money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think they could also become a powertrain provider. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sullynd said:

I do think they could also become a powertrain provider. 


I still think this is the most likely scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, sullynd said:

The Model S is older than the Fusion, and there is no sign of it being replaced any time soon.  The S and X should be replaced by now (including regular rear doors).  May as well be the new Crown Vic. Musk/Tesla seem to have ADHD and are only interested in what’s next. 


Plaid Model S is due next year.  They’re already taking orders.  It will essentially be a new vehicle with the structural pack and 4680 cells.

 

If you didn’t see the order page, it’s a 200mph, 0-60 < 2.0s, qtr mile < 9.0s, 520mi+ range, 4dr supercar.

 

Not bad for a new Crown Vic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And they put a better engine in the Marauder near the end of its life too. Same exterior. Same underwhelming interior.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, akirby said:


I still think this is the most likely scenario.


Between that and the power wall they could do very well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 3:42 PM, FordBuyer said:

Instead of posting negative comments about Tesla for the last 10+ years on this site, how about just shorting the stock if so sure that Tesla will eventually fail. At best, Tesla will become a major player as it grows exponentially, or at worst will be bought by a major company for mucho money. 

 take note...I don't instigate the comments...they are nothing more than REPLYS and RESPONSES to unwarranted remarks about how Teslas "rule the world" …and are the "best at everything"....and I actually root for the company with it being American..I do not however do too good with outright BS, never have, never will...

Edited by Deanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×