Ford Aims Digital Platform For Used Vehicles

1 hour ago, Trader 10 said:

I think that anyone counting on the Maverick being significantly cheaper than the Escape will be disappointed.

i think the entry level model will be cheaper, but at the same time I wonder how “complex” the build process will be on it (trim/options) so they can make it cheaper or inexpensive 

• 1 year later...

A few updates about Ford's digital platform for used vehicles and the Blue Advantage certified used car programs show that the revamped platform is really paying off for Ford and for used car customers. Ford Blue Advantage Used-Car Site to Add 14-Day Home Test Drives (caranddriver.com)

• Hits to the Blue Advantage website was 500 percent higher to that shopping portal than Ford's previous Certified Pre-Owned site
  • Ford certified used car sales increased by 26% in 2021
  • Starting in February 2022, Blue Advantage certified used cars will come with a 14 day/1,000 mile money back guarantee. 
Edited by rperez817

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, veshzop said:

Ford hasn't always had a good relationship with its dealer franchisees

The situation hasn't improved much. Dearborn executives, with little or no experience at the dealership level, are constantly implementing and mandating new processes that require more labor intensive work for dealership staff and compliance mandated performance subject to penalties, etc.  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, veshzop said:

Ford hasn't always had a good relationship with its dealer franchisees

I  think that is an issue with all manufactuers except Tesla....oops Tesla doesn't have dealerships. lol.

My opinion...and I think Fords push for retail special orders.....is that car dealerships as we used to know them is going away. Dealerships will be become more of a delivery and service point.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sippy12 said:

My opinion...and I think Fords push for retail special orders.....is that car dealerships as we used to know them is going away. Dealerships will be become more of a delivery and service point.

Good points sippy12. There was an article on Marketwatch yesterday that reinforced what you mentioned. Opinion: Death to the car dealership — the Tesla sales model is poised to take over America - MarketWatch

Begin with the demise of that 900-car lot. Dealers will have little choice to convert from shopping centers to test drive and ordering sites. The real estate of that suburban dealership Auto Row can be put to better use — the economics are simply too compelling. 

There will no longer be a need for a 10-acre expanse of parked vehicles. Instead, that giant selection will be replaced by a few versions of each model. Buyers will make appointments for test drives, then order at a kiosk or online from home. You’ll see a repair center, perhaps a showroom and a smaller lot for trade-ins. You’re also likely to see micro dealerships popping up in more convenient locations, much in the same way Enterprise Rent-A-Car has expanded to neighborhood storefronts.