Doug DeMuro Video Review - The 2021 Ford F-150 Is Totally New and Really Impressive

Nice Review, in my opinion!  Been thinking about a Bronco to replace my F150 ('14, 4x4, XLT Supercab, Ecoboost, Blue Jean Blue/Tan Leather Interior), but I may just get another F150 (Lariat or XLT Supercrew in Kodiak Brown?)  (Also waiting on '21 Ranger Build & Price for possible Supercrew Tremor . . . or just hold on to mine for as long as I can since I only have 85K (and no turbo lag! ?)

IMG_20200629_194314.jpg

• Like 1

Turbo lag is pretty much a thing of the past. I could sense it in the first turbo car I owned, but I have never felt even the tiniest lag from the 2.7 twin turbo I have in my Nautilus. Now, turbo boosted engines do feel different from driving a naturally aspirated engine of similar power. Their power bands are just different. But lag? No.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Turbo lag is pretty much a thing of the past. I could sense it in the first turbo car I owned, but I have never felt even the tiniest lag from the 2.7 twin turbo I have in my Nautilus. Now, turbo boosted engines do feel different from driving a naturally aspirated engine of similar power. Their power bands are just different. But lag? No.

No sir, that's where you’re wrong. The turbo lag hasn't improved at all since the 80s and is not acceptable in 2020

- rperez, probably 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8