2020 Aviator “Door Fault Service Required” + more

IcemanTX

So yesterday my daughter was saying her rear passenger door on our 2020 Aviator would not open in our and sure enough soon after trying to open the door, an error message popped up on the console with “Door Fault - Service Required”.  Eventually it opened after about 12 pushes of the button.  This issue is relatable consistently.  Then, we got another error message “Reverse Brake Assist Not Available - See Manual” - ugh...

So I called the dealership and they are going to have to look at the door because it could be a switch or the actuator in the door and as for the reverse brake assist apparently there is a service bulletin that they have to reset some software or something to address our problem.

So next week we will take the Aviator back to the dealership to get the armrest replaced (defective), the heads up display replaced (damaged before I took possession), the two dents in car they made last time it was in for service, the door (hopefully) and the reverse brake issue.

I can safely say I have never had so many issues with any car I have owned in nearly 30 years.  Frustrated is part of how I feel, but more disappointed as we were really looking forward to the car now it is just a headache.

• Sad 1

I noticed two “dings” in the cover of the HUD screen after I signed the paperwork and they are replacing the HUD.  As for the armrest, it makes a very annoying squeak whenever you put your elbow on the armrest so they are replacing that too.

This is all after selling our other Aviator back after just a few hundred miles since my wife absolutely hated the seats.  We ended up roughly breaking even (did lose some $$$) on the one we have which had a similar sticker price.

Edited by IcemanTX