Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A 2 term limit in the senate would be fine. If you can't get anything done in 12 years you don't deserve to keep your seat. The house is too short of a term to limit it to two, it should be at least 4. 

Funny, that's been my exact proposal too - 2, 6-year terms for senators, 4, 2-year terms. 

5 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

So you think bars should remain open late at nite with young people all drunked up to become superspreaders? Or how about jammed movie theaters, bars masquerading as restaurants called "bars and grills", jammed sport arenas, and so on. Luckily it looks like construction sites and most manufacturing plants are remaining open this round, but hospitals are now overwhelmed and in many areas can no longer take care of noncovid patients. Fall off a ladder, nailgun your leg, cut your artery, have a heart attack....good luck to all of us.

Now Whitmer wasn't elected to play golf every frickin weekend, stand around and do NOTHING about a health crisis, and spend all her time talking about rigged elections. Governors have to do it all now as no direction comes from Washington. Thank god we have so many responsible governors excepting crazy as DeSantis.

TONS of business are just disappearing/have disappeared because they're not allowed to be open.  There's no way that's a good thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 92merc said:

When Compaq existed, it was in Houston TX.  Then HP bought them.  And now HP is back in Texas.

Yes sir 92merc. Also when EDS existed prior to being acquired by HP, its headquarters were in Plano, Texas.

The successors to the original HP company, HP Inc, HPE, Micro Focus, and DXC, all have a large presence in Texas. Mostly in the DFW, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas.

6 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir 92merc. Also when EDS existed prior to being acquired by HP, its headquarters were in Plano, Texas.

The successors to the original HP company, HP Inc, HPE, Micro Focus, and DXC, all have a large presence in Texas. Mostly in the DFW, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas.

I still remember when Perot sold EDS to GM and they moved to Detroit. I was living in an apartment complex in Detroit area at the time, and still remember becoming friends with a few who moved in. All young and very friendly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 92merc said:

I found that move somewhat fitting.  When Compaq existed, it was in Houston TX.  Then HP bought them.  And now HP is back in Texas.

I used to work for a place that sold and I serviced a lot of Compaq servers back in the day...

My grandparents bought a Compaq back in the early 90s.  Windows 3.1, slow as hell, and a small old school monitor and it cost THOUSANDS of dollars.  I think the processor in my microwave is more power than that entire computer. 

7 hours ago, FR739 said:

My grandparents bought a Compaq back in the early 90s.  Windows 3.1, slow as hell, and a small old school monitor and it cost THOUSANDS of dollars.  I think the processor in my microwave is more power than that entire computer. 

I know someone who bought an IBM PC with a monochrome display and two floppy disks, no hard drive back in the 80s.  I think she paid $4k.

• Like 1

I still have our first IBM PC (replaced an Apple lle) a 1987 PS/2 Model 30 with an MCGA display (predecessor to VGA, only used on two PCs), 720k 3.5” Floppy and 20MB hard drive.  It cannot store one photo from my iPhone.  It’s running PC DOS 5.0.  The keyboard weighs more than my laptop. 

Edited by sullynd
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sullynd said:

I still have our first IBM PC (replaced an Apple lle) a 1987 PS/2 Model 30 with an MCGA display (predecessor to VGA, only used on two PCs), 720k 3.5” Floppy and 20MB hard drive.  It cannot store one photo from my iPhone.  It’s running PC DOS 5.0.  The keyboard weighs more than my laptop. 

I remember how exciting it was when the 286s came out with blazing speed and both orange or green text!

• Like 2

I'll confess, I actually bought an IBM PC jr. At Sears no less. About 2K all in. Back in 1982 when $2K was real money.

Looking back the only good thing about that PC was the wireless keyboard. While derided at the time, it predicted the many wireless controllers, mice, etc to come.

16 hours ago, rmc523 said:

There's not much more to talk about re: the performance edition.

Guess we'll have to wait until pre-production Mach-E GT Performance Edition vehicles are made available to automotive journalists and they do their testing. A comparison test between Mach-E GT Performance Edition and Model Y Performance would be very helpful. Ford and Tesla both quote a 0-60 mph time of 3.5s on their respective model.

Going further off topic-

I got into the PC scene when I was a teenager and remember in the early 1990s when the original SoundBlaster was something like a $500 add in card and a decently powerful gaming PC was $4-5k of the era that needed to be replaced every 18 months to keep up with games being released. 

these days you can build a nice gaming PC that has all sorts of extra BS (LED Lighting and water cooling) for half of that with a top end CPU and video card. You can get a decent gaming PC for under $1000 if you have a monitor already and they’ll last about five years or longer if your gaming on them. 

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t get all the hate on the styling.  Looks a lot like a fastback mustang to me.

It does from most angles. There is a strange looking kick up in the roof that can't be seen from most angles that exists so head room in the rear wasn't compromised. It does look odd on the rear 3/4 angle, but doesn't kill the favorable impression. I do understand the need to do that and if they didn't the lack of headroom in the back would have been an even bigger drawback.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 10:53 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

A 2 term limit in the senate would be fine. If you can't get anything done in 12 years you don't deserve to keep your seat. The house is too short of a term to limit it to two, it should be at least 4. 

We already have term limits across the board, they are called 'elections'.

The term limit should be at the primary level, where a party should not present the same candidate over and over and expect the voters to just go along party lines even when their party's candidate is not so great.

A great example here in Colorado this past November.  We knew incumbent Cory Gardner could not beat the highly popular ex-governor John Hickenlooper, but the republicans put Gardner up anyway as the incumbent,  instead of a young, bright candidate with the presence and charisma to attract new voters.

The problem is not term limits, it is un-informed and un-apprised voters.  Voters just don't take things seriously.  It won't change until the voters tell their own party that the people demand better...

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t get all the hate on the styling.  Looks a lot like a fastback mustang to me.

Mustang Mach-E is probably the most stylish crossover type vehicle ever made. Still, there are some people who hate the styling of crossovers no matter what.

13 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Mustang Mach-E is probably the most stylish crossover type vehicle ever made. Still, there are some people who hate the styling of crossovers no matter what.

I would say it's the best looking BEV crossover. Any word about when they start showing up? The Bronco Sport is showing up now in central FL and figure Mach E has to be close behind. Don't think many dealers are getting any though and all spoken for. 

9 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I would say it's the best looking BEV crossover. Any word about when they start showing up? The Bronco Sport is showing up now in central FL and figure Mach E has to be close behind. Don't think many dealers are getting any though and all spoken for. 

They’re shipping out now. Started a few days before Thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken. 

• Thanks 1