'20 November Sales/Chart

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I heard from a buddy that FRAP is supposedly done for the year on the 16th. I heard a rumor that we won't be back at MAP until the 2nd week of January but that my only apply to the Bronco line(s). 

2020MY Mustang Balance Out Date is 12/16/2020 with 2021MY Mustang Job #1 Date on 01/04/2021. 2021MY Ranger Job #1 Date is 12/07/2020. The latest FDNB (Fleet Bulletin) shows the week of December 28th as the only scheduled "down" week for Ranger. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im tired of sitting at home. It's been 5 1/2 weeks.... 

what did you do bank all your holidays near the end of the year??? I hear you but when you guys are working all those saturdays in 2021 I’m sure you’ll miss the rest lol.

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I wish so many would stop the silly speculation, etc. about Mach-E sales when the first year production is limited to 50,000 units with half committed to the EU for compliance. 

Lol ok we will watch and see how it plays out! 

7 hours ago, ice-capades said:

2020MY Mustang Balance Out Date is 12/16/2020 with 2021MY Mustang Job #1 Date on 01/04/2021. 2021MY Ranger Job #1 Date is 12/07/2020. The latest FDNB (Fleet Bulletin) shows the week of December 28th as the only scheduled "down" week for Ranger. 

I suppose I could have looked that up too. If that MAP rumor is true it must only apply to Bronco team. 

29 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

what did you do bank all your holidays near the end of the year??? I hear you but when you guys are working all those saturdays in 2021 I’m sure you’ll miss the rest lol.

No. 6 week TLO between Bronco TT builds and PP builds. I did just get paid out on 30 hours of vacation time I didn't have a chance to use though so that helped pay for my kids' Christmas.  

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No. 6 week TLO between Bronco TT builds and PP builds. I did just get paid out on 30 hours of vacation time I didn't have a chance to use though so that helped pay for my kids' Christmas.  

Ok I was gonna ask what phase you guys were at I was wondering. Ya those unused vacation hours always come in handy although the union kind of frowns on it. With the covid downtime we’ve all had and the other lay-off weeks this year is an anomaly when it comes to using up all the hours. The extra cash always help at Xmas time.

39 minutes ago, grbeck said:

Our local dealer doesn't have any yet! I'm waiting to see one in real life. 

Mine either.  Checked on their inventory and nada, nothing there in person when I went for an oil change either (they did have an absurd $50k markup on a several $96k GT500s though...)  .......reminds me, I forgot to drive by their get-ready lot.....

This dealer group is weird - since they took over from AutoNation a few years ago, they run things strangely - they have half their lot empty right now, and find it hard to believe they sold all those trucks at once.

Edited by rmc523

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Mine either.  Checked on their inventory and nada, nothing there in person when I went for an oil change either (they did have an absurd $50k markup on a several $96k GT500s though...)  .......reminds me, I forgot to drive by their get-ready lot.....

This dealer group is weird - since they took over from AutoNation a few years ago, they run things strangely - they have half their lot empty right now, and find it hard to believe they sold all those trucks at once.

I bet they’re shaving inventory to keep prices higher for walk in buyers who want something right now.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I don't get the hype.  It's just an Escape......

Yes but it doesn't look like an Escape and considering all the criticism many have had of the new Escape this version wearing the Bronco name so prominently will attract a lot of attention on the road as well as sales. 

1 hour ago, Trailhiker said:

Or really just what the Escape should have been.

Exactly, because they should just ignore the hundreds of thousands of buyers who don’t like Bronco Sport styling.  Plus selling 150k of one vehicle is better than selling 300K+ of two vehicles.   

• Like 2

21 hours ago, grbeck said:

Our local dealer doesn't have any yet! I'm waiting to see one in real life. 

Ben Hardy on You Tube reviewed a Big Bend model today out of Provo, Utah. That dealership has two. Looks like western states are getting the first shipments trickling in fron Mexico. 

Ben Hardy gave it a good review.....good steering feel and sure footed handling with good visibility. Lower trim level didn't impress me and engine sounded strained when floored. Ben called the acceleration "adequate." He said 2.0 would be best option. I agree. 2.0 or forget it. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

Exactly, because they should just ignore the hundreds of thousands of buyers who don’t like Bronco Sport styling.  Plus selling 150k of one vehicle is better than selling 300K+ of two vehicles.   

But hundreds of thousands of buyers are already ignoring the Escape and buying Rav4, CRV, etc...

Designing a vehicle to attract both types of buyers is the way to go. (inventory, parts, marketing costs etc...)

I'm hoping Bronco Sport becomes so popular that they ditch the Escape and make Bronco Sport in both plants.