'20 November Sales/Chart

On 12/4/2020 at 9:03 PM, akirby said:

Badlands with the 2.0 and bigger wheels and tires and off-road suspension is very premium.

There is a nice review of the Badlands model on You Tube...Rockwell Ford somewhere in TX. A sharp light bluish color with a black top and carbonish alloy wheels. Looked real good. Also had the aggressive off roading tires and skid plates. Of course it had the 2.0 engine and moved out smartly. Nice vehicle and IMO the sweet spot for this brand. This vehicle will actually go off road and enjoy doing it. 

• Like 1

Considering the sport for my gf's next vehicle, curious to test drive and find out about the 1.5. I've always opted for the largest engine in everything I've bought, but I doubt it'll make much difference to her as long as it gets her to work and isn't a vibrating buzzing nightmare like some are claiming. I would probably opt for the 2.0 in a lower trim level, but I'm not spending, what, 35-40k? to get into a badlands on something that is essentially a tough looking escape.

On 12/6/2020 at 6:12 PM, Captainp4 said:

Considering the sport for my gf's next vehicle, curious to test drive and find out about the 1.5. I've always opted for the largest engine in everything I've bought, but I doubt it'll make much difference to her as long as it gets her to work and isn't a vibrating buzzing nightmare like some are claiming. I would probably opt for the 2.0 in a lower trim level, but I'm not spending, what, 35-40k? to get into a badlands on something that is essentially a tough looking escape.

Yeah, don’t believe everything you here about the 1.5. Test it out for yourself and you will see. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, ausrutherford said:

The 2.0 Escape must be the hotter seller, at least around here.

Most the Escape's left on the lot around me (like 90%) are the 1.5L.

Yes, I've noticed that the 2.0 is hard to find at dealerships. Looks like you have to order one unless it's a mega dealer like Mullinax or Bill Brown. Most of the inventory is SE and Titanium hybrid. I would imagine most small to medium dealers think everyone either wants the 1.5 or the hybrid.

10 hours ago, tbone said:

Yeah, don’t believe everything you here about the 1.5. Test it out for yourself and you will see. 

What bothers me most about little engines like the 1.5 is turbo failure at around 60,000 miles or so. They need the turbo to produce adequate power and so many customers experience turbo failure after a few years. Not a cheap fix.

17 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Yes, I've noticed that the 2.0 is hard to find at dealerships. Looks like you have to order one unless it's a mega dealer like Mullinax or Bill Brown. Most of the inventory is SE and Titanium hybrid. I would imagine most small to medium dealers think everyone either wants the 1.5 or the hybrid.

Ford pushes the Titanium (Gas & Hybrid) models on dealerships and up until a few months ago it was very difficult to get the SE Hybrids 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

What bothers me most about little engines like the 1.5 is turbo failure at around 60,000 miles or so. They need the turbo to produce adequate power and so many customers experience turbo failure after a few years. Not a cheap fix.

Citation please

Yeah, I mean I had an 89 probe gt, 2.2 l turbo.  only had 160k mile when I traded it.  original turbo.   They must have gotten worse since then

Turbo failure and turbo lag problems are pretty much relics of the past. See:

-----------------

"I have had a rash of people call the Car Pro Show the past two weeks from people worrying about turbochargers. I think it probably goes back 30 years or so when turbos were not nearly as reliable as they are today. At that time, to keep from having problems, you were supposed to let a turbocharged vehicle idle for 60 seconds while the turbo cooled down. Most people did not adhere to this advice by turning the car off immediately when they got to their destination...

"So how reliable are the newer engines with turbochargers? As someone who talks to a lot of consumers, they seem to be doing extremely well. General Motors reports their instances of turbo failure are very low based on warranty claims. Ford had an early issue with the Ecoboost due to moisture, but that was quickly solved and today I talk to people who are past 300,000 miles on their F-150 Ecoboost engines with no problems at all. Diesel engines have used turbos for years, including the 18-wheelers you see running down the road.

"The technology and long-term durability of turbos has improved greatly. Even 5-years or so ago, turbo lag (a slight hesitation when accelerating) was a problem and in some cars I reviewed, it was almost dangerous. Today, you notice very little turbo lag."

https://www.carprousa.com/Why-You-Shouldnt-Fear-the-Turbocharged-Engine/a/55

4 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

No question that the Titanium Hybrid is a nice vehicle but the SE Hybrid's price point is where the volume is, if and when Dealers can get them. 

I was pricing out SE hybrids last night. There's a few things I would like not offered on SE but honestly I'm not sure it would be a dealbreaker with the deals that are out there right now. I'm very curious about the PHEV.  

33 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was pricing out SE hybrids last night. There's a few things I would like not offered on SE but honestly I'm not sure it would be a dealbreaker with the deals that are out there right now. I'm very curious about the PHEV.  

If you decide on a Sport hybrid, make sure you get the premium package option. Well worth it as it looks so much better with the premium wheels and panoramic sunroof. I got this package on my Escape hybrid and love it. Basically looks like the Titanium minus a few options. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Turbo failure and turbo lag problems are pretty much relics of the past. See:

-----------------

"I have had a rash of people call the Car Pro Show the past two weeks from people worrying about turbochargers. I think it probably goes back 30 years or so when turbos were not nearly as reliable as they are today. At that time, to keep from having problems, you were supposed to let a turbocharged vehicle idle for 60 seconds while the turbo cooled down. Most people did not adhere to this advice by turning the car off immediately when they got to their destination...

"So how reliable are the newer engines with turbochargers? As someone who talks to a lot of consumers, they seem to be doing extremely well. General Motors reports their instances of turbo failure are very low based on warranty claims. Ford had an early issue with the Ecoboost due to moisture, but that was quickly solved and today I talk to people who are past 300,000 miles on their F-150 Ecoboost engines with no problems at all. Diesel engines have used turbos for years, including the 18-wheelers you see running down the road.

"The technology and long-term durability of turbos has improved greatly. Even 5-years or so ago, turbo lag (a slight hesitation when accelerating) was a problem and in some cars I reviewed, it was almost dangerous. Today, you notice very little turbo lag."

https://www.carprousa.com/Why-You-Shouldnt-Fear-the-Turbocharged-Engine/a/55

There was a report yesterday about oil dilution problems on different ecoboost engines from 2016-19. Sound similar to Honda turbo motor problems. As for turbo problems, more than one mechanic on You Tube has pointed out turbo failure on 4 cylinder EB motors at about 60,000 miles or so. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

There was a report yesterday about oil dilution problems on different ecoboost engines from 2016-19. Sound similar to Honda turbo motor problems. As for turbo problems, more than one mechanic on You Tube has pointed out turbo failure on 4 cylinder EB motors at about 60,000 miles or so. 

Scotty Kilmer doesn't count ;)

26 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

If you decide on a Sport hybrid, make sure you get the premium package option. Well worth it as it looks so much better with the premium wheels and panoramic sunroof. I got this package on my Escape hybrid and love it. Basically looks like the Titanium minus a few options. 

Noted. It's looking less and less likely I I'll be getting a Ranger. It's a long and stupid story involving an infuriating discussion with the warden. Cliffnotes: she thinks it's still 2006 and trucks are terrible on gas, and she doesn't see any reason why we need one. She would rather rent a truck. I'll probably get an Escape and hope I don't hate it. 

either that or the best condition beater I can find for $500 or less just to spite her. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

More than one?  So how many?  3?  4?  Out of how many hundreds of thousands of engines sold?   The oil dilution problem is a bad block design has nothing to do with the Turbo.