Reliability of I3 EcoBoost Focus

Jqa1824

In the next year or so I will probably replace my Mercury Milan with a new-to-me used car. My Aunt and Uncle used to lease a 2013 Focus and I really liked that car and it would serve my needs really well. However, I am aware that the reliability of the 2012+ automatic Focuses are pretty bad. However, I have heard that the I3 EcoBoost Focuses use a different and far more reliable automatic transmission...perhaps the same one that went into the Fusion. Is this true? Are the automatics used in the I3 EcoBoost Automatics reliable? 

Thanks for the info. 

11 hours ago, Jqa1824 said:

In the next year or so I will probably replace my Mercury Milan with a new-to-me used car. My Aunt and Uncle used to lease a 2013 Focus and I really liked that car and it would serve my needs really well. However, I am aware that the reliability of the 2012+ automatic Focuses are pretty bad. However, I have heard that the I3 EcoBoost Focuses use a different and far more reliable automatic transmission...perhaps the same one that went into the Fusion. Is this true? Are the automatics used in the I3 EcoBoost Automatics reliable? 

Thanks for the info. 

They don't use the problematic powershift transmission the standard Focus uses. Good luck finding one though, they’re not super common and they were only built with automatics 2016-2018. The 2015 EcoBoost Focus was manual only. 

6F15 is a scaled down 6F35. It is prone to all the ills that the 6F35 is, however I haven't seen issues with the solenoid pressure control valve in the valve body, like the 6F35 almost always does. The 1.0 uses a wet oil pump drive belt which seems to be an issue, especially in the early ones- believe there is a TSB. IF it shreds, the engine is toast.