Gen 3 Raptor

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Nope - see the green circles I made?  Those are the headlights.  The grille abuts them without any sort of "frame" like you see on the top and bottom (circled in blue).  I like those pieces, but not sure on the sides right now.

image.thumb.png.b5f2ad87c12bdcfcedebbb59d6b0a549.png

Compared to the current, which has a nice frame around the whole thing and looks more "complete

New Directions For Ford's SVT Pickup - Auto News - Truck Trend

I didn’t see that photo before and when I was looking at the spy shots, and I saw was looked like lip around the grill like the current 2021. 

maybe there are two different grills for the Raptor, depending if you get a V8 or not?

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Nope - see the green circles I made?  Those are the headlights.  The grille abuts them without any sort of "frame" like you see on the top and bottom (circled in blue).  I like those pieces, but not sure on the sides right now.

image.thumb.png.b5f2ad87c12bdcfcedebbb59d6b0a549.png

Compared to the current, which has a nice frame around the whole thing and looks more "complete".2017 Ford F-150 Raptor - Front | HD Wallpaper #29

It's more akin to the 1st gen:

New Directions For Ford's SVT Pickup - Auto News - Truck Trend

Sure looks like a flatter face for 2021. I have to see the whole thing before I decide which I like better.

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

To go off topic here a bit, I'm guessing the BEV F-150 will have an amber light bar or that is similar to what is being done with the Raptor headlights, but with a connection in the middle, going by the silhouette shown off by Ford. 

Ford F-150 EV: Outworking the competition

No, I see that one being white as additional differentiation.

By making Raptor's amber, it fits in with the width lights, and also makes it further instantly recognizable as a Raptor.

All that build-up hype for a brief ad and then... done?

Edit to add: Antaus beat me to it regarding the 'more coming 2022' thing at the end. So I'm guessing second engine option coming for 2022 model year. But still no details at all. I bet RAM is laughing now since Ford didn't even pop the hood. lol

Edited by pffan1990

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/03/2021-ford-f150-raptor-revealed/

Keep in mind, the standard 3.5-liter EcoBoost now produces 400 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque in a garden-variety F-150. Last time around, there was a 75-horsepower gap between the base and High Output variants of that engine, which makes it safe to assume that this year's Raptor will offer somewhere in the ballpark of 475 horsepower standard, which would be a bump of 25 horses over the old Raptor. For added sportiness, the Raptor gets a new active dual exhaust system (complete with "good neighbor" mode).

For now, all of this is pure speculation, but there have also been rumors that Ford will go with a two-engine strategy for the updated Raptor, with the 3.5L High Output anchoring the mainstream end of the lineup and either a 5.2L supercharged V8 (lifted from the Mustang Shelby GT500) or perhaps a juiced-up version of the 3.5L PowerBoost hybrid in a high-performance model intended to compete with the aforementioned TRX.