Gen 3 Raptor

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Ok....I am curious. What you gonna get?

Well as much as I've been talking about it and want to get a Ranger, since (not to get too political here) the current administration seems to hate the middle class and is managing to raise gas prices at an uncomfortable rate I'm probably going to get an Escape Hybrid and hope I don't hate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well as much as I've been talking about it and want to get a Ranger, since (not to get too political here) the current administration seems to hate the middle class and is managing to raise gas prices at an uncomfortable rate I'm probably going to get an Escape Hybrid and hope I don't hate it. 

What a shame that Ford doesn't make a new Flex hybrid, kinda like a low rider Explorer

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

What a shame that Ford doesn't make a new Flex hybrid, kinda like a low rider Explorer

I only need 1 3-row vehicle though. I just can't justify getting a Ranger that gets only 1.5 MPG average better than my Flex does despite being a smaller vehicle with a much more modern powertrain. 

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

TFL reported that driving their new TRX home from Chicago, they got 11 mpg.

It's powerful, it's heavy, it's thirsty  and it's expensive but it's everything that some buyers want.

Sounds like its not much of an improvement MPG wise over the V10 that was in the Ram at one point 

4 hours ago, probowler said:

Maybe if we're good, they'll raise the fuel tax too.  I'm just so thankful for the privilege to pay taxes ?

I live 10 minutes from Costco and generally buy my gas there. I paid 2.99 for premium yesterday. Over the summer, it had been as low as 2.25. Our fuel tax ( state and county) adds a decent amount.

I don’t like the gas tax but wouldn’t mind it so much if they...actually fixed the roads.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I live 10 minutes from Costco and generally buy my gas there. I paid 2.99 for premium yesterday. Over the summer, it had been as low as 2.25. Our fuel tax ( state and county) adds a decent amount.

I don’t like the gas tax but wouldn’t mind it so much if they...actually fixed the roads.

The Kroger by me I usually go to was $2.45 yesterday for regular. Closer to work it was $2.55

On 2/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, bzcat said:

You can say TRX has the upper hand with V8 but reality is Raptor still had no competition when you factor in price.

I’m not so sure.  The TRX has a lot more going for it than just the V8.  The new Raptor isn’t the bar raising, TRX destroying truck that some thought it would be.  In many ways the TRX still has the upper hand.  

As for price, yes the TRX is a lot more but they are selling extremely fast.  TFL just bought a Raptor that had been sitting on the lot for over a year.  

I really don’t think price or fuel economy is a factor when buying halo vehicles.  

1 hour ago, FR739 said:

I’m not so sure.  The TRX has a lot more going for it than just the V8.  The new Raptor isn’t the bar raising, TRX destroying truck that some thought it would be.  In many ways the TRX still has the upper hand.  

As for price, yes the TRX is a lot more but they are selling extremely fast.  TFL just bought a Raptor that had been sitting on the lot for over a year.  

I really don’t think price or fuel economy is a factor when buying halo vehicles.  

I wonder why the viper failed then? I believe it was discontinued because they couldn't justify the cost to update it to meet current vehicle regulations. The last one was such a beautiful car... I don't know why more people didn't buy them.

1 hour ago, FR739 said:

That's because the unreleased Raptor R will be the full TRX competitor.

And you're comparing the sales of a brand new model to one that's been around for 5 years now?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's been up .30 or .40 depending on where you go since the inauguration by me

They are taking advantage of the situation. Please read up on who is funding the opposition to the pipeline.  Probably the lack of new permits for drilling also.  US has plenty of capacity for oil production right now.  Not allowing future permits on government land allows current producers to make a little more.

why not get a powerboost f150?

13 minutes ago, slemke said:

They are taking advantage of the situation. Please read up on who is funding the opposition to the pipeline.  Probably the lack of new permits for drilling also.  US has plenty of capacity for oil production right now.  Not allowing future permits on government land allows current producers to make a little more.

why not get a powerboost f150?

Too big. Don't have space for a full size truck. 

8 hours ago, FR739 said:

At first blush I might agree with you, however after reviewing the details a little more thoroughly the Raptor has some nice upgrades over the Gen2.  The stats on the suspension appear to exceed the Rams capability on paper anyway.  The exhaust is pretty interesting, and the interior appears to be excellent (I haven’t seen a 2021 in person yet).  It is difficult to make large strides when you had an excellent product to start with.  The wheel options are a nice bonus as well.  

I was disappointed the V8 wasn’t ready yet but the 3.5 will make an excellent base motor, especially if it’s boosted up over 500hp, and they have worked some magic on the exhaust sound.  

I still think Ford did a better job of differentiating the Raptor from the F150 when compared to the Ram. Other than the obvious ride height and the extra width of the TRX, the Ram doesn’t look a lot different than the regular 1500.  Speaking of the added width of the TRX, I’m glad Ford did not duplicate that trait.  There are already considerations you have to take into account when you use the Raptor as a daily driver, so I can only imagine what another three inches does.  

5 minutes ago, tbone said:

At first blush I might agree with you, however after reviewing the details a little more thoroughly the Raptor has some nice upgrades over the Gen2.  The stats on the suspension appear to exceed the Rams capability on paper anyway.  The exhaust is pretty interesting, and the interior appears to be excellent (I haven’t seen a 2021 in person yet).  It is difficult to make large strides when you had an excellent product to start with.  The wheel options are a nice bonus as well.  

I was disappointed the V8 wasn’t ready yet but the 3.5 will make an excellent base motor, especially if it’s boosted up over 500hp, and they have worked some magic on the exhaust sound.  

I still think Ford did a better job of differentiating the Raptor from the F150 when compared to the Ram. Other than the obvious ride height and the extra width of the TRX, the Ram doesn’t look a lot different than the regular 1500.  Speaking of the added width of the TRX, I’m glad Ford did not duplicate that trait.  There are already considerations you have to take into account when you use the Raptor as a daily driver, so I can only imagine what another three inches does.  

The Raptor is wider than the regular F-150, so not sure what you mean there.  Unless you're saying the TRX is 3" wider than Raptor (I don't know, haven't looked)?

59 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

The Raptor is wider than the regular F-150, so not sure what you mean there.  Unless you're saying the TRX is 3" wider than Raptor (I don't know, haven't looked)?

Yes, the Raptor is wider than the standard F150 by six inchs. I believe.  My understanding is the TRX is three inches wider than the Raptor.