Gen 3 Raptor

I like the more integrated width marker lights.  They look better than the ones that are just tacked on.

I'm still not a big fan of the grille reaching to the headlights.

I also don't like the obnoxious "37" on the graphics package - hopefully that's for the reveal only.

Active exhaust is a neat addition to Raptor.

1 minute ago, jcartwright99 said:

Same with TFL truck.

I haven't watched theirs, but I'm assuming it's the same one that was pushed out to the auto sites.

I have no problem with the short one being the first part, but they should've learned from Bronco and then gone into a longer one and/or had someone discussing it after.  But what do I know

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I haven't watched theirs, but I'm assuming it's the same one that was pushed out to the auto sites.

I have no problem with the short one being the first part, but they should've learned from Bronco and then gone into a longer one and/or had someone discussing it after.  But what do I know

You should. Andre does a walk around and discusses the new specs. Clearly taped at a Ford event earlier and only certain information has been disclosed.

Edited by jcartwright99

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

So another year before a V8?  Me thinks Ford was not prepared for the popularity the TRX was going to get and this addendum ("Raptor R next year y'alls!") was tacked on as a response.

Or they’re concerned about launching too much all at once. Remember, they’re still working on launching the BEV F-150 through all of this too. 

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

grain of salt time?....someone read an article on C-Net that stated the 2022 V8 Raptor was off road only and not street legal….scratching my head on that one, doesn't sound legit

It's not legit, CNET is wrong as confirmed by Jalopnik and Mike Levine on Twitter. 100% street legal. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Here I go again.......alright I’ll buy your supercharged V8 theory but not a “Rootes” type with rotors mixed with off road dust in close quarters with the outer case. Nooo! 

I’m relieved Ford hasn’t stepped in that pool yet. Let’s see how this Ram deal holds up......that is if any of them actually see the dirt. 

You want to supercharge an off road engine give me one of those snail type like a Procharger. 

I still say this is no place for an expensive aluminum lung that could be under assault from the unique conditions off road. 

Turbos? Yes Centrifugal blowers? Yes Positive displacement Rootes type? No!

I think I like it so far.  It reminds me of my 1st gen, which I thought was a little more menacing looking.  The media release is definitely light on a lot of details though.  The active exhaust is interesting, especially if it could make a V6 sound like a V8.  Initially I was thinking it was similar to the Mustang GT’s, which would really only be needed for a V8, as the exhaust on my Gen 2 is not loud enough to annoy anyone.  I like the idea of coils in the rear and the 37s as well. 

With that said, I think they should have delayed the Raptor launch until the V8 was ready.  I felt this was anticlimactic, and didn’t steal a lot of the TRX ‘s thunder.  I won’t be looking to trade until I know more about the V8 which sounds like it will be a while.  Nevertheless, I am optimistic about the truck.  

6 hours ago, tbone said:

With that said, I think they should have delayed the Raptor launch until the V8 was ready.  I felt this was anticlimactic, and didn’t steal a lot of the TRX ‘s thunder. 

Delaying it would be throwing money out the window.  Also better to get the kinks worked out with the vehicle first instead of everything being new at the same time.

49 minutes ago, akirby said:

Delaying it would be throwing money out the window.  Also better to get the kinks worked out with the vehicle first instead of everything being new at the same time.

Fair enough. I understand the business decision behind it, but the fanboi in me wanted this announcement to crush Ram’s aspirations.  

The question remains, how many potential buyers like myself are going to delay their purchase until the R’s information is released. The only thing that stops me from purchasing the R is whether I can get it for the right price. It will be interesting to see how the Raptor sales numbers shake out in this first year of release.

13 minutes ago, tbone said:

The question remains, how many potential buyers like myself are going to delay their purchase until the R’s information is released.

Probably just a few because of the expected super high price.   But a big part of the Raptor's success is it's relative affordability so I don't think the R or the TRX will have a big impact on regular Raptor sales.

• Like 2