Gen 3 Raptor

7 hours ago, slemke said:

They are taking advantage of the situation. Please read up on who is funding the opposition to the pipeline.  Probably the lack of new permits for drilling also.  US has plenty of capacity for oil production right now.  Not allowing future permits on government land allows current producers to make a little more.

Warren Buffet who owns BNSF. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, tbone said:

I thought I would throw this out there for some fun. 

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/ram-trx-transmission-blows-off-road-saved-by-ford-f-150-raptor-video/

Some interesting comments in this article though.  

Maybe ram should have spent more on testing, suspension development, and weight development and less on Easter eggs ridiculing the raptor and marketing.  A 392 hemi ala Jeep wrangler at 470hp may have been a better choice for durability and handling balance.  But, it wouldn’t get the over the top publicity of a hellcat.

10 minutes ago, slemke said:

Maybe ram should have spent more on testing, suspension development, and weight development and less on Easter eggs ridiculing the raptor and marketing.  A 392 hemi ala Jeep wrangler at 470hp may have been a better choice for durability and handling balance.  But, it wouldn’t get the over the top publicity of a hellcat.

All true, but I would bet that the Jeep 392 Wrangler will be just as nose heavy as he complained about in the TRX.

23 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My money is on it being worse 

Chicken dinner for fuzzy.

3.6l pentastar v6 weighs around 325lbs.

6.4l/392cu in hemi weighs 500lbs.

6.2l hemi weighs 600lbs.  Doesn’t include extra plumbing for the inter cooler.

anyway, you can buy a hellcat crate engine for under $20k if anyone is interested.  392 hemi is under $9k.  For comparison a coyote is 9.5k.  I really expected the coyote to be significantly more expensive.  I didn’t have any luck in my quick search for a HO 3.5L eco.

• 2 months later...

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/30/2021-ford-f150-raptor-tremor-pricing-revealed/

Pricing leaked for the Raptor and Tremor.  The article mentions a 10k increase over the 2020, but I'm not sure if that's compared to the discontinued SuperCab or SuperCrew.

The order guide shows a base price for the 2021 F-150 Raptor of $65,840, including the $1,695 (!) destination charge that Ford tacks onto all F-150 prices. That figure represents a substantial $10K increase over the 2020 version. The Raptor is offered in standard (equipment group 800A) and high-trim (equipment group 801A) versions; the latter is a $6,150 upgrade. Unlike the previous Raptor, which was available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, the 2021 model is SuperCrew only. As before, power is via Ford's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, although horsepower and torque figures for the Raptor have not yet been revealed. You can read more about the new Raptor here.

The F-150 Tremor, which is a new addition to the lineup, comes in at $51,200, again including the destination fee. Based on the order guide, it appears the Tremor will be offered in three grades: standard (equipment group 400A), mid (401A, for $6,065), and high (402A, for $13,445). Like the Raptor, the Tremor is a SuperCrew only and features a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 under the hood. We've described the Tremor as "a junior varsity Raptor," you can read more about its specific features here.

Edited by rmc523

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/30/2021-ford-f150-raptor-tremor-pricing-revealed/

Pricing leaked for the Raptor and Tremor.  The article mentions a 10k increase over the 2020, but I'm not sure if that's compared to the discontinued SuperCab or SuperCrew.

The order guide shows a base price for the 2021 F-150 Raptor of $65,840, including the $1,695 (!) destination charge that Ford tacks onto all F-150 prices. That figure represents a substantial $10K increase over the 2020 version. The Raptor is offered in standard (equipment group 800A) and high-trim (equipment group 801A) versions; the latter is a $6,150 upgrade. Unlike the previous Raptor, which was available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, the 2021 model is SuperCrew only. As before, power is via Ford's 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6, although horsepower and torque figures for the Raptor have not yet been revealed. You can read more about the new Raptor here.

The F-150 Tremor, which is a new addition to the lineup, comes in at $51,200, again including the destination fee. Based on the order guide, it appears the Tremor will be offered in three grades: standard (equipment group 400A), mid (401A, for $6,065), and high (402A, for $13,445). Like the Raptor, the Tremor is a SuperCrew only and features a 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 under the hood. We've described the Tremor as "a junior varsity Raptor," you can read more about its specific features here.

Just for clarification... the order guides do not include any pricing information which is released in a separate Price List.

2020 F-150 Raptor 4x4 SuperCrew (Price Level Code  = 040 - 03/02/2020)

• MSRP = $56,440 + $1,695 Destination & Delivery
  • Equipment Group -  #800A (Base)            N/C
  •                                    #801A (Mid)              $  3,785
  •                                    #802A (Luxury)         $10,920              

2021 F-150 Raptor 4x4 SuperCrew (Price Level Code = 135 - 04/28/2021)

• MSRP = $64,145 + $1,695 Destination & Delivery (2020MY > 2021MY = +$7,705)
  • Equipment Group - #800A (Standard)       N/C
  •                                   #801A (High)               $6,150

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Just for clarification... the order guides do not include any pricing information which is released in a separate Price List.

2020 F-150 Raptor 4x4 SuperCrew (Price Level Code  = 040 - 03/02/2020)

• MSRP = $56,440 + $1,695 Destination & Delivery
  • Equipment Group -  #800A (Base)            N/C
  •                                    #801A (Mid)              $  3,785
  •                                    #802A (Luxury)         $10,920              

2021 F-150 Raptor 4x4 SuperCrew (Price Level Code = 135 - 04/28/2021)

• MSRP = $64,145 + $1,695 Destination & Delivery (2020MY > 2021MY = +$7,705)
  • Equipment Group - #800A (Standard)       N/C
  •                                   #801A (High)               $6,150

Yeah, their comment about the order guide having it didn't make sense.

Interesting the price jump.

At first glance it looks like the 2021 base has the same equipment as the 2020 mid level with a few new things added.  I’m sure having the Tremor package at the lower price point is part of the equation.  They’ll sell a ton of both even without the Raptor R.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

At first glance it looks like the 2021 base has the same equipment as the 2020 mid level with a few new things added.  I’m sure having the Tremor package at the lower price point is part of the equation.  They’ll sell a ton of both even without the Raptor R.

Good point about Tremor below it just under the previous Raptor starting price.

Also makes sense with there seemingly only being an 800 and 801, but no more 802.

Interesting... Tremor is a trim level on F-150 and not an add on option package like it is on the Ranger (available on both XLT and Lariat)

$51,200 starting price for Tremor with standard crew cab 5.5' bed, 4x4 and 3.5 EB. It is slightly cheaper than Lariat crew cab 5.5' bed, 4x4 with optional 3.5 EB and FX4, which checks in at $52,885

Have to wait for the configurator or order guide to come out to make sense of it all but the model series number is a good clue on where Ford thinks it slots in:

XL = 100A

XLT = 300A

Tremor = 400A 

Lariat = 500A

King Ranch = 600A

Platinum = 700A

Raptor = 800A

Limited = 900A

Edited by bzcat

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Have to wait for the configurator or order guide to come out to make sense of it all but the model series number is a good clue on where Ford thinks it slots in:

XL = 100A

XLT = 300A

Tremor = 400A 

Lariat = 500A

King Ranch = 600A

Platinum = 700A

Raptor = 800A

Limited = 900A

The updated 2021 F-150 Order Guide, with both the Tremor and Raptor specifications, is available in the Dealer Order Guides section. 

On 5/1/2021 at 10:01 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm not saying that it isn't a safe bet, it probably is a safe bet. All I'm saying is nothing is confirmed. 

Correct, god forbid that Ford lay out a decent road map of future product, 

gotta keep it a national secret in case buyers and investors get excited.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1