Bronco Delayed

been saying this from the get go. And theres significantly more than 190k reservations, several months ago it was 230k....and we are still getting more every week...we as a small Mum and Pop have over 400 reservations alone...and our message has been "please be patient, Ford was not prepared for the response, the first run will be a mere 80000 units, but the wait will be worth it"...... I know a bunch will cancel due to lack of patience, weve already had a couple pull out to wait for the Warthog.....

Not prepared for potential customers to submit a $100 refundable deposit to place a reservation?   Reservations mean nothing, we will see who is all in when it comes time to put down a deposit to place an order.  No doubt Ford will sell every Bronco they build for 2021, but the fact is, Ford wasn’t prepared to build a new model all while introducing new suppliers into the mix during a pandemic.  I’m fine with it, I would rather Ford produce a great product.  I can wait for my Bronco to be delivered, other potential customers will likely look elsewhere.    

13 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Not prepared for potential customers to submit a $100 refundable deposit to place a reservation?   Reservations mean nothing, we will see who is all in when it comes time to put down a deposit to place an order.  No doubt Ford will sell every Bronco they build for 2021, but the fact is, Ford wasn’t prepared to build a new model all while introducing new suppliers into the mix during a pandemic.  I’m fine with it, I would rather Ford produce a great product.  I can wait for my Bronco to be delivered, other potential customers will likely look elsewhere.    

You do know that there's no deposit required by Ford to place an order right? Dealer is free to ask for one if they choose but it would be foolish of them if the dealer down the road doesn't. Good way to lose business. 

7 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I think he's talking about interest in it in general.  Sounds like numbers have come in well above their projections - even in something as "simple" as a reservation......which yes, as you point out, doesn't mean anything until converted to an order, but if you project X% of reservations end up converting to reservations, that can still be a lot bigger than they projected.

Looking at the numbers Dean provided, let's say they're at 250k reservations now, even if you go with a low 50% conversion, that's still 125k orders, and if they have 80k 1st year production planned, they're still 70k underwater, and I'm sure conversion rates will be higher than 50%.  It's a good problem for them to have, I guess as demand will push out further down the road, but unfortunate time to have issues ramping up full production, as some will get impatient.

For me, I anticipated getting mine later anyway, as there are several late availability options I'd like (black painted top, and tailgate are the big ones) - I guess I'll either be pushed back further now, or pushing everything back will still net me around the same timeframe as the original "late availability", if the push back allows them to go to normal production (sans late availability).  It'll also put me in a better spot money wise too......but I'm fairly patient lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You do know that there's no deposit required by Ford to place an order right? Dealer is free to ask for one if they choose but it would be foolish of them if the dealer down the road doesn't. Good way to lose business. 

IIRC the people that put  the $100 reservations down are first in line, Ford has stated that numerous times....the reservations take precedence....and the Reservation deposit is online...through Ford...not the dealer.. (.I think eventually it gets sent to the dealers, but Im not 100% on that...) IMO its been somewhat mis-handled...and not helped by all the constant delays, covid or no covid...Im not worried, for me , Im patient..but theres an awful lot that are not.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think he's talking about interest in it in general.  Sounds like numbers have come in well above their projections - even in something as "simple" as a reservation......which yes, as you point out, doesn't mean anything until converted to an order, but if you project X% of reservations end up converting to reservations, that can still be a lot bigger than they projected.

Looking at the numbers Dean provided, let's say they're at 250k reservations now, even if you go with a low 50% conversion, that's still 125k orders, and if they have 80k 1st year production planned, they're still 70k underwater, and I'm sure conversion rates will be higher than 50%.  It's a good problem for them to have, I guess as demand will push out further down the road, but unfortunate time to have issues ramping up full production, as some will get impatient.

For me, I anticipated getting mine later anyway, as there are several late availability options I'd like (black painted top, and tailgate are the big ones) - I guess I'll either be pushed back further now, or pushing everything back will still net me around the same timeframe as the original "late availability", if the push back allows them to go to normal production (sans late availability).  It'll also put me in a better spot money wise too......but I'm fairly patient lol.

weve already had people show up wanting to see the Bronco...sigh....and we get some CLASSICS….yep, we got a phone call wanting to know if the Bronco had 0%, and another ex Ford Employee wanting to know what Z plan on the Bronco equated too...Sure...its a good problem for Ford to have...but they kinda jumped the gun by the looks of things....bad timing I guess to an extent

Edited by Deanh

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

The other thing too is they absolutely don't want to bring in a third shift at the plant right out of the gate until it's more clear what long term demand will be once the initial hype has passed.  That gets expensive real quick when you have to find jobs for an entire shift worth of people and no room for them at other plants. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deanh said:

weve already had people show up wanting to see the Bronco...sigh....and we get some CLASSICS….yep, we got a phone call wanting to know if the Bronco had 0%, and another ex Ford Employee wanting to know what Z plan on the Bronco equated too...Sure...its a good problem for Ford to have...but they kinda jumped the gun by the looks of things....bad timing I guess to an extent

Oh yeah, people that don't follow it just hear about Ford bringing back the Bronco - and the commercials Ford is running featuring the new F-150, Bronco, and Mach E don't help - and want to go see one.

Well, I'm sure they've had difficulty anticipating so many delays too, and they've likely been trying to keep as close to the original timeline as they can, but keep having whack-a-mole type issues delay wise.

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The other thing too is they absolutely don't want to bring in a third shift at the plant right out of the gate until it's more clear what long term demand will be once the initial hype has passed.  That gets expensive real quick when you have to find jobs for an entire shift worth of people and no room for them at other plants. 

Yeah, I can certainly understand that.

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

me too...whicjh Im fine with as Im hoping by that time there will be additional add ons avail...ie White Top.

Agreed......I'm hoping cooled seats will make an appearance as well, but kinda doubt it.

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You do know that Ford is “recommending” that dealers require an additional deposit, right?   Several dealers that are active on Bronco6g have stated this as fact.  Ford is also penalizing dealers for not delivering Broncos to customers who placed the order.  I have no issue with additional deposits, but others will step out of the ordering line when it comes time to put down $500-$1000.  

6 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed......I'm hoping cooled seats will make an appearance as well, but kinda doubt it.

Why wouldn't it? Too premium for a 50k SUV?

Considering the amount of people who are going to be driving around topless in the sun, that would be an epicly popular feature. Ford would be foolish not to offer it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Oh yeah, people that don't follow it just hear about Ford bringing back the Bronco - and the commercials Ford is running featuring the new F-150, Bronco, and Mach E don't help - and want to go see one.

Well, I'm sure they've had difficulty anticipating so many delays too, and they've likely been trying to keep as close to the original timeline as they can, but keep having whack-a-mole type issues delay wise.

Yeah, I can certainly understand that.

not sure how perforated cooled seats would work with the hose out interior.....lol....

3 hours ago, probowler said:

I'm already looking ahead to the next refresh. Excited to see if Ford can make the Bronco even better going forward.

I agree. The refreshes always seems to look better than the original to me anyways. Since COVID, I get to work from home so I barely drive now. Waiting wouldn’t be a bad idea for me.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Over at the Bronco site, "I am just going to get a Jeep 392. This is bullshit"

Honestly that’s what I’d do.  But then I’m proudly one of those reprehensible troglodytes that prefers a V8.  Especially that 6.4L.  The sound alone is worth the price.  

Although admittedly I think the perfect Wrangler is one with the 5.7L HEMI.  The 360HP/390TQ version from the Grand Cherokee/Durango backed by the incredible ZF 8-Speed would be plenty and also a lot of fun.  The 3.6L is barely adequate, the 2.0L is decent and the diesel is really nice.  But the HEMI is where it’s at.  

15 hours ago, probowler said:

Why wouldn't it? Too premium for a 50k SUV?

Considering the amount of people who are going to be driving around topless in the sun, that would be an epicly popular feature. Ford would be foolish not to offer it.

They aren't available, and Ford's reasoning is as Dean pointed out, seats with perforations aren't good with washout ability.  But my counter point is that buyers know what they're getting/want, let them choose.  And it's not like I'm asking for some unicorn option that Ford doesn't offer anywhere - it's something that's already on much of the rest of the lineup.

15 hours ago, Deanh said:

not sure how perforated cooled seats would work with the hose out interior.....lol....

I understand the "reasoning", but most trims don't have the MGV seats anyway.  They should if anything be a standalone option for buyers that want them, and trust me there are a lot of us.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I’m sure it’s the peltier device and fan which sits below the seat bottom that’s the issue.  

Yet all other power seat electronics are just fine?  (on 4-door leather equipped models)

It reminds me of Flex, and how cooled seats weren't offered for the first few years, and then added later.  At least with Bronco, they aren't giving a "middle finger" blank button where the a/c seats would go.....

image.thumb.png.5e08338c4b8c8d7b24984ea5bf00e9c0.png

2021 Ford Bronco Interior Details - Bronco Washable Floors

Edited by rmc523

11 hours ago, FR739 said:

Honestly that’s what I’d do.  But then I’m proudly one of those reprehensible troglodytes that prefers a V8.  Especially that 6.4L.  The sound alone is worth the price.  

Although admittedly I think the perfect Wrangler is one with the 5.7L HEMI.  The 360HP/390TQ version from the Grand Cherokee/Durango backed by the incredible ZF 8-Speed would be plenty and also a lot of fun.  The 3.6L is barely adequate, the 2.0L is decent and the diesel is really nice.  But the HEMI is where it’s at.  

It's ok to want a V8, and you're no troglodyte. However, when a non v8 has better numbers and power curve, what's the logic? Sound? If it is that's ok. For me,  sound is cool but performance is better. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Yet all other power seat electronics are just fine?  (on 4-door leather equipped models)

It reminds me of Flex, and how cooled seats weren't offered for the first few years, and then added later.  At least with Bronco, they aren't giving a "middle finger" blank button where the a/c seats would go.....

image.thumb.png.5e08338c4b8c8d7b24984ea5bf00e9c0.png

2021 Ford Bronco Interior Details - Bronco Washable Floors

I love that Flex center stack. I wonder if I could retrofit one on mine...