Bronco Delayed

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's going to be interesting to see how they work in building Ranger amongst Bronco 

Now that is a pickle, so maybe they do a batches of Bronco shells and then Ranger shells.

I guess that the body shop has to have plenty of shells already built for the day's production.

And then there's paint knowing which bodies are required in what colour.

Edited by jpd80

14 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Now that is a pickle, so maybe they do a batches of Bronco shells and then Ranger shells.

I guess that the body shop has to have plenty of shells already built for the day's production.

And then there's paint knowing which bodies are required in what colour.

You misunderstand me. Both body shells are produced at the same time, just like every other body shop in existence. I've probably already said too much so I'm going to stop there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You misunderstand me. Both body shells are produced at the same time, just like every other body shop in existence. I've probably already said too much so I'm going to stop there. 

Exactly it’s called flexible manufacturing. 

54 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I was talking about how we can only build front floor pans for either Ranger or Bronco, like most other sub-assemblies, not both simultaneously. He mistook that for the whole body shell. 

Yup same underpinning for front pans. Just like over here same underbodies for Edge/Nautilus then different bodyside turntables. Nautilus Mkt and Flex used to be on one turntable then edge had its own obviously because it’s the main vehicle. Every plants bodybuild in the ford system probably has a somewhat similar assembly sequence.

6 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Yup same underpinning for front pans. Just like over here same underbodies for Edge/Nautilus then different bodyside turntables. Nautilus Mkt and Flex used to be on one turntable then edge had its own obviously because it’s the main vehicle. Every plants bodybuild in the ford system probably has a somewhat similar assembly sequence.

It's similar here but we don't use turntables for bodysides. Ranger and Bronco have their own dedicated lines for construction then meet in the middle of the building. You can see a video of the Ranger one  briefly on youtube.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's similar here but we don't use turntables for bodysides. Ranger and Bronco have their own dedicated lines for construction then meet in the middle of the building. You can see a video of the Ranger one  briefly on youtube.

I will check the video out. That’s different forsure if you have dedicated lines. Everything is pretty intertwined here as Edge and Nautilus are pretty much the same darn thing.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Thanks for the clarification of the difference with Ranger/Bronco construction 

It also reveals why Bronco wouldn't be an "easy addition" to other Ranger plants.

The Everest is more like a Ranger stationwagon but maybe that is over simplistic 

and belies a lot of the changes done to deliver an SUV versus a pickup.

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thanks for the clarification of the difference with Ranger/Bronco construction 

It also reveals why Bronco wouldn't be an "easy addition" to other Ranger plants.

The Everest is more like a Ranger stationwagon but maybe that is over simplistic 

and belies a lot of the changes done to deliver an SUV versus a pickup.

The North American Ranger itself is built with an entirely different process than the rest of the world. It's part of a new process that's supposed to result in less system damage and therefore the need to scrap less bodies. Again, you can see it a little bit on YouTube. From what I understand it has worked as intended. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not to get conspiratorial, but it will be interesting to see if the shortage of Chinese auto microchips impacts Chinese automakers as well as foreign makes like Ford, VW and the rest...

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The problem with this shortage is that it will be every manufacturer as well as almost any product you buy; from refrigerators and stoves to computers and phones. Even things like network routing equipment are becoming in short supply. What’s making things even worse is that people are stockpiling because of the shortage when they can find items. It’s the issue when the global supply chain puts certain products in certain countries because of the manufacturing techniques that are required are not accepted in most places. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

It’s the issue when the global supply chain puts certain products in certain countries because of the manufacturing techniques that are required are not accepted in most places. 

Right! Exactly! Bingo!

Because Chinese batteries, and solar panels manufactured using techniques that would be environmentally unacceptable here, and shipping them across the world on filthy polluting trans-oceanic ships makes ignorant Americans think they are saving all of us from global warming.

I swear common sense is completely gone from everyday society.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Right! Exactly! Bingo!

Because Chinese batteries, and solar panels manufactured using techniques that would be environmentally unacceptable here, and shipping them across the world on filthy polluting trans-oceanic ships makes ignorant Americans think they are saving all of us from global warming.

I swear common sense is completely gone from everyday society.

You forgot pharmaceuticals as well. I don't see it so its okay, NIMBY!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Too much outsourcing and we’re too damn dependant on China and other jurisdictions. Everything is cost related but my goodness can’t some of these things be built over in N/A for an affordable price! 

• Like 4

On 12/16/2020 at 4:36 AM, Gurgeh said:

Not to get conspiratorial, but it will be interesting to see if the shortage of Chinese auto microchips impacts Chinese automakers as well as foreign makes like Ford, VW and the rest...

How is that conspiratorial in the slightest?

China bought up medical PPE around the world and shipped it back to China before the wuflu was well known.

Cargo ships were turned around mid trip and returned to China. They absolutely will take care of their own needs first.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford giving Bronco reservation holders $100 due to production delay. Money will come as a credit to a customer's FordPass Rewards account.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/ford-bronco-reservation-holders-delay

Screenshot 2020-12-17 111403.jpg

We got an email about this the other day... Bronco owners will get a total of $300 in FordPass Rewards that can be used for accessories, swag, etc. 

Not a bad olive branch. 

• Like 5