Bronco Delayed

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

We got an email about this the other day... Bronco owners will get a total of $300 in FordPass Rewards that can be used for accessories, swag, etc. 

Not a bad olive branch. 

I for one object heartily to Ford Pass. I will not be traced for my information to be sold as data and subsequently BLASTED with spam marketing e-mails etc etc ….not that that's much different than cell phones but hey...enough enough...plus the fact FOMOCO is literally leveraging Dealers through financial penalty, if consumers aren't signed up, I find insulting. If its such a bloody good program Ford...how about sharing how to install the feature IN THE VEHICLES MANUAL ? ( theres literally NOTHING ) ….or better yet, a nice glossy leaflet explaining its glorious benefits to consumers IF they want to take the time to add the app to their phone, and download all their personal info....( and with the dis-claimer that the information garnered through the app is being sold as Data to marketing Companies )...can you tell it irks me?...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/16/2020 at 6:36 AM, Gurgeh said:

Not to get conspiratorial, but it will be interesting to see if the shortage of Chinese auto microchips impacts Chinese automakers as well as foreign makes like Ford, VW and the rest...

I will be curious to see how the very clever Japanese and Korean manufacturers find a workaround to this. 

Our supply chains with China simply cannot be trusted.  I am not sure why anyone ever trusted them in the first place...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, probowler said:

How is that conspiratorial in the slightest?

China bought up medical PPE around the world and shipped it back to China before the wuflu was well known.

Cargo ships were turned around mid trip and returned to China. They absolutely will take care of their own needs first.

Buying and wearing a Chinese mask violates my #2 rule of common sense:  If your problem and your solution come from the same place, there is a 100% chance you are being screwed. 

Most politicians, say 99%,  fall into the #2 rule category as well.

Here is my made in USA Mask.

mask.PNG

Edited by Kev-Mo

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

Buying and wearing a Chinese mask violates my #2 rule of common sense:  If your problem and your solution come from the same place, there is a 100% chance you are being screwed. 

Most politicians, say 99%,  fall into the #2 rule category as well.

Here is my made in USA Mask.

mask.PNG

off subject a little, but a close friend of mine works in the PPE supply business...he stated the Chinese bought close to their entire stock prior to the so called "Xenophobic" flightban, and then proceeded to sell them BACK to the US at  inflated prices.....grrrrrr

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

If its such a bloody good program Ford...how about sharing how to install the feature IN THE VEHICLES MANUAL ? ( theres literally NOTHING )

I had a good experience with FordPass live chat for technical assistance. https://www.ford.com/help/contact/#chat

FordPass mobile phone app for Android works well. I have it set up for my 2019 Ranger and will add my wife's 2021 Mustang Mach-E to the app once we take delivery of that vehicle.

10 hours ago, Deanh said:

I for one object heartily to Ford Pass. I will not be traced for my information to be sold as data and subsequently BLASTED with spam marketing e-mails etc etc ….not that that's much different than cell phones but hey...enough enough...plus the fact FOMOCO is literally leveraging Dealers through financial penalty, if consumers aren't signed up, I find insulting. If its such a bloody good program Ford...how about sharing how to install the feature IN THE VEHICLES MANUAL ? ( theres literally NOTHING ) ….or better yet, a nice glossy leaflet explaining its glorious benefits to consumers IF they want to take the time to add the app to their phone, and download all their personal info....( and with the dis-claimer that the information garnered through the app is being sold as Data to marketing Companies )...can you tell it irks me?...

I didn't realize Ford pass was an advertising gimmick? Ford is using it to sell customer data?

If that's true, then that's a hard... pass for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, probowler said:

I didn't realize Ford pass was an advertising gimmick? Ford is using it to sell customer data?

Anything that collects data and has the ability to report on it is selling that data somewhere somehow.  

9 hours ago, probowler said:

I suggest you watch "The Social Dilemma" on Netflix.

Even being on this site builds algorithms about you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, probowler said:

yep....and Ford penalizes the Dealerships by reducing advertising revenue if the Dealers DO NOT enroll consumers...they have to have a minimum 70% penetration. Cannot wait until its universally rejected when people learn of its true purpose....IMO the carrots they dangle to the public in the form of $ towards service etc, are mere distraction. That said Ford has pulled this crap numerous times before. They literally did the same shite when they mandated us getting e-mail address's. For the 30 plus years Ive been doing this they consistently hammered us on building "relationships" with customers to build loyalty...then completely circumvent that scenario by sending e-mail blasts to them endlessly....with ZERO mention of the Sales person that spent time garnering said relationship. This is why in all sincerity, Ive come to the conclusion Ford really does NOT care about their Dealerships and their personnel in the slightest, contrary to what they promote....they will circumvent at any opportunity they can...well barring when customers have issues...then they conveniently disappear....lol...Don't mean to sound bitter, Im not...just telling it as it is.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 1:46 PM, Deanh said:

I have Ford Pass and open the app from time to time and check out my vehicles health, but not that impressive so far. I use the door key pad to lock and unlock the doors, not my smart phone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Phone as a key is something that I have zero interest in. 

LMAO...I have ZERO interest in memorizing another f-@#?!in password...Im retiring to a deserted island with no cell phone coverage or wifi, where currency is still bartering, and the only other people are the Hawaiin Tropic girls and I have the only supply of Coppertone.

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

I’m looking forward to it.  I hate having to grab the right key fob every time.  You always have your phone in your pocket.

that would be NOT me....hate the f'in thing....if we weren't  so damn dependent on the things I wouldn't carry one at all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

.Im retiring to a deserted island with no cell phone coverage or wifi, where currency is still bartering, and the only other people are the Hawaiian Tropic girls and I have the only supply of Coppertone.

Sorry Dean, they're already living on my island.

Besides, why in the world would you want to leave SoCal?

Hahaha, HRG

• Like 1