TFL: We Just Bought A Brand New Ford F-150 Raptor, And It Was A PAINFUL Experience: Here's What Happened!

James Phieffer
There's a lot of whining in this video. Roman didn't do his homework, and now is paying for it. He bought a truck that was likely driven by various sales people, hence the mileage. And the mirror switch was broken, which he would have noticed if he did something as basic as adjust his mirrors before he drove off the lot. And then he makes this huge fuss over "I was told it was a 2020", as if he'd somehow been lied to - and shows us the door sticker, that tells us it's a 2020, built in November '19. And if this dealership is right next door, and they're great, then why didn't he talk to them first? This is why I tend to ignore TFL posts with Roman. He's just gotten really whiny. I'll stick with the rest of the crew.
  • Like 1

Another error by Roman at TFL...

Just a FYI that this truck was never at Hastings Ford Lincoln in Nebraska. You should ask your selling dealer to recheck where they actually got that truck from. I can tell you that is was never in Hastings, NE and it originated in a completely different state. A simple Google search of the VIN shows that it was also at another dealership, also in that state, not Nebraska. Please stop referencing the Ford store in Hastings, NE as your video is creating an injustice to the wonderful people that work at that dealership.

-----------
The Fast Lane Truck 1 week ago (edited)
Correction: The Ford Dealership in Hastings, Nebraska contacted us and said they never had this truck in their possession but that it came from a dealership in Kansas. The dealership we purchased the truck from fixed the Raptor and now the mirror switch works.

This vehicle was ordered as a stock unit by Mel Hambelton Ford in Witchita, KA. and invoiced on 11/13/2019. 

The dealership should have immediately disclosed that the vehicle came from another dealership and what the mileage was. It's rare that a new vehicle customer inspects their vehicle before signing paperwork but it's always advisable in the event there's a serious issue that would cause the customer to walk away from the deal.  

1FTFW1RG1LFA38773_WS.pdf

• Like 3

I think it’s click bait. Bad news sells. If the title was “great buying experience “, would you be as likely to click on it? 
Never buy something without looking at it first. My uncle did that on a Cadillac. It turned out not to have the parking sensors like his old one. He told the sales person he wanted the same car just new. Sales guy said yep they are identical. My uncle was in a hurry, signed a check and left. 
Next day he noticed some features were missing. 

Basically, the cliff notes version of this is: When trying to acquire a new out of production vehicle, he failed to ask the mileage of the vehicle before purchasing. Then was surprised that the vehicle had mileage. Then complains about the mileage he failed to ask about. 

I get that he wanted the vehicle but he made a huge mistake by buying the vehicle sight unseen and NOT ASKING about the mileage.

I see nothing wrong here but a poor PDI and a huge fail on Roman's part.  Why didn't he ask for both fobs when he drove it away?  He had to sign the odometer statement which has on it the mileage at time of sale.  So he signed a document without reading the bare minimum on it?  Who cares when it was built, a 2020 is a 2020.

Bad window switch, yup, that should have been caught by the PDI as well as Roman when they drove it away.

As stated above, pure click bait.

Yesh, I watched this video also. Roman has some serious Ford issues and it shows in most Ford reviews. His snarky comments on F-150 Powerboost review were noted also. 

They were lucky yo get this Raptor for sticker price as every other dealer in that area wanted at least $20,000 over sticker. So they grabbed it and thought they pulled a fast one only to learn that is why it was the only one bring offered at sticker price. It was a lot about nothing. Kind of like getting a Ford GT at sticker price and then complaining about a missing knob. And making a video about it. They could probably resell the Raptor for a profit.

51 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

His snarky comments on F-150 Powerboost review were noted also. 

Pretty soon Ford is really going to get fed up with that shit and start cutting them out entirely. It's one thing to give an honest opinion like SavageGeese does, but it's another to be a dick about it like TFL has been doing. 

• Like 1

'Buyer beware' (caveat emptor) an expression that goes back to ancient Roman times, and in my opinion, very unfortunate at a modern auto dealership.  Anyone buying a high-end vehicle (or any high-end product) at a price like this should be treated like a much-welcomed guest.  They should have nothing short of a great customer experience, and not have to worry about anything going wrong at the point of sale. 

Edited by Kev-Mo

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

'Buyer beware' (caveat emptor) an expression that goes back to ancient Roman times, and in my opinion, very unfortunate at a modern auto dealership.  Anyone buying a high-end vehicle (or any high-end product) at a price like this should be treated like a much-welcomed guest.  They should have nothing short of a great customer experience, and not have to worry about anything going wrong at the point of sale. 

Almost everything you can buy has a return period. I don't see why a car should be different.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

Always been a firm believer in "Caveat Emptor".  But the dealer I think would have a good faith responsibility to let any buyer know just where this vehicle was coming from given mileage.  I remember being pissed when my new 2007 CV  sport had like 20 miles on it-and this was a fleet order-not an in stock unit  that would  have been driven by sales people.  And as for Roman I think had he inserted..."and it was a painful DEALER experience...." that would been less of a reflection on the truck.  

No doubt he  should have caught the mirror switch issue-but by the same token, no one at any of the multiple dealers that had their hands on  this truck ever noticed?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WillSD said:

Just received a retail 2021 F250 with 43 miles on it fresh off the transport.  Ford is supposed to affix a sticker on the window if the unit was involved in random testing  but only about 1/4 of those with excessive miles sport such a disclosure.

They've been convoying them around town a lot lately in order to get them to the shipping lots. I've seen them a bunch around FRAP for some reason. I'm guessing they’re shipping them out of CN Flat Rock Yard for a while they clear the backlog. 

• Like 1

The general issue with that many miles on a vehicle is residual value.  That really shouldn't be an issue with a Raptor but it still could be and should definitely be reflected in the purchase price.  I could see having that 1000 miles if it sat at MH Ford for some time, was driven by sales or whatever, then instead of shipping it they drove it to STH Ford, about 540 miles away.  The other concern I would have as a buyer is what kind of miles were those first 1000.  Did they follow breakin or did some a-hole sales manager like to show off to his buddies.  Most miles we have had on a new car was our 17 MkC which was delivered with 250 ish miles.  It was on the lot in St. Paul for a while and probably got demoed a few times before our dealer found it and got it for us.  My 12 Explorer had 2 miles when we took delivery and my 19 Expedition had 135 miles (the distance from the dealership to me, they delivered it).