TFL: We Just Bought A Brand New Ford F-150 Raptor, And It Was A PAINFUL Experience: Here's What Happened!

I know a lot here have a problem with TFL, but try and factor that out...

If a dealership cannot or will not provide a fully operational NEW truck they promise to deliver, along with all disclosures, etc, AND a somewhat pleasant buying experience on a vehicle at this price, then what the heck does a dealer even exist for?  I know they are protected by 100-year-old laws, but it is time to move forward.  Buying a vehicle is the ONLY thing we do today the same as we did 100 years ago.  Imagine going to the Dr and having them provide 100-year-old medical practices. 

I remember back a bit in the forum here the lady complaining about the tailgate on her Lincoln after many visits to the dealer -It's a freaking LINCOLN for gosh sakes, just fix the damn thing.

Why is this ok and considered acceptable for Auto Dealers, but we would never accept it for buying anything else?  Imagine buying a high-end ($$$$) leather couch for example, and finding it to be defective after it was delivered to your home, and highly inconvenient to return?  Call the store and they tell you - "...well, too bad;  'Caveat Emptor'..."

Edited by Kev-Mo

3 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

Why is this ok and considered acceptable for Auto Dealers, but we would never accept it for buying anything else?  Imagine buying a high-end ($$$$) leather couch for example, and finding it to be defective after it was delivered to your home, and highly inconvenient to return?  Call the store and they tell you - "...well, too bad;  'Caveat Emptor'..."

It's not ok. You just take your business to a different dealer. In your furniture store example, most of them these days are either chains or franchises so you just go to a different location. Same difference. 

• Like 1

from a Dealers perspective, I SEE THESE STORIES AND  I don't believe we are hearing the full story here. If it was a such an unpleasant experience then the consumer has the right to say no and basically walk away....just sayin, there may be another side to this....but last i looked Dealers don't post click bait...Im quite sure they would have perhaps a different perspective on this story...if a Dealer treats someone like crap..and it happens, theres some scallywag's out there….WALK AWAY.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 6:26 PM, WillSD said:

Just received a retail 2021 F250 with 43 miles on it fresh off the transport.  Ford is supposed to affix a sticker on the window if the unit was involved in random testing  but only about 1/4 of those with excessive miles sport such a disclosure.

That is what I was told about my 07 CV

20 hours ago, wildosvt said:

This video highlights why I have felt TFL has been trash for ever. They are so lack luster I get irritated at almost every video. These guys act like enthusiast but are nothing more than wanna be's.

But their Ike Gauntlet test is the 'real deal' truck test, and probably the single most relevant test of any truck and how it is capable of performing in the real world, anywhere.

I know, I live here and climb that 7 miles all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

But their Ike Gauntlet test is the 'real deal' truck test, and probably the single most relevant test of any truck and how it is capable of performing in the real world, anywhere.

I know, I live here and climb that 7 miles all the time.

Their shining star, That test is IMHO the main bread and butter of the channel and the reason why they exist. It is why I stated "almost every video"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wildosvt said:

Their shining star, That test is IMHO the main bread and butter of the channel and the reason why they exist. It is why I stated "almost every video"

But now, it's become all about down hill braking applications and uphill is all about the most horsepower at altitude.

I do like their comparisons between towing and non-towing fuel economy loops.

Anyone wondering what  the difference is between half ton and 3/4 ton, it's required viewing.

I also love how they got burned with the Land Rover Defender, it shows all the inexplicable

things that can and do happen with high $$ vehicles. Man, how I wish Ford had a bigger Bronco 

top hat for Explorer or for a SWB Expedition.....I think Ford would own the Defender...

Edited by jpd80

On 12/11/2020 at 12:21 AM, jpd80 said:

Man, how I wish Ford had a bigger Bronco 

top hat for Explorer or for a SWB Expedition.....I think Ford would own the Defender...

I've been thinking about this a bit lately. Unfortunately as you point out, the tophat doesn't exist. However, everything below it?

broncowarthog-m05-bronco6g-jpg.69714

The Warthog is thick, it's large, and in charge.  We are halfway there to a fullsize bronco.  All that's missing is a larger interior and fullsize body to take advantage of that wide, heavy duty suspension setup.

I realize it wouldn't be cheap, quick, or easy... but I do hope that Bronco is a smashing success and Ford decides to add a proper fullsize to the lineup.  Baby (Sport), Bronco, And Big Bronco would make for a great lineup with the halo Warthog sitting pretty above the family.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

huh?

IMG_7615.jpg.ed1b71d45aa6e846674a73beaedfaafe.jpg

I noticed width wasn't discussed so I decided to research it,

Defender
82.87 Inches Wide (with mirrors)
land-rover-defender-110-2020.jpg

Bronco (From Ford website)

Vehicle width with mirrors (in.) 86.2 (base)

I was not expecting this result.  The Bronco is actually bigger (width wise). Which is awesome.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

I noticed width wasn't discussed so I decided to research it,

Defender
82.87 Inches Wide (with mirrors)
land-rover-defender-110-2020.jpg

Bronco (From Ford website)

Vehicle width with mirrors (in.) 86.2 (base)

I was not expecting this result.  The Bronco is actually bigger (width wise). Which is awesome.

Nope, with mirrors folded, Bronco is 76.3" wide, Defender is 3" wider at 79.1"

Defender's track is also 67" which is 2" wider than the Bronco

There's also a model called Defender X that is 197" long with a 119" wheelbase,

that is the one I was alluding to in my original post.

3 hours ago, probowler said:

The Warthog is thick, it's large, and in charge.  We are halfway there to a fullsize bronco.

I saw this exact prototype on the road as I was driving through Dearborn a few weeks ago. It's road presence is awesome when with all that camo on it. I can't wait to see it uncovered. 

• Like 1

When I bought my '18 F-150 it was literally the last day of 2018 (New Years Eve) and the dealer I bought it from found it over 300 miles away. Actually, the salesman and I sat at his computer for at least half an hour searching other dealers' inventories until we found this one. I new exactly what I was getting and approximately how many miles it would have on it. It didn't hurt that the deal was almost too good to pass up.

As far as TFL is concerned, I have always thought Roman was a tool. Hell, his son Tommy has more brains than he does. I used to post on their forum until it became an uncontrolled bitch fest with constant bickering. That was a few years ago so it might be better now. When Tommy had the old F-250 High Boy I was interested in what they were doing since I had one almost identical to it back in the day. I'm the one who told them they should have been using a zinc additive in the engine oil but it was too late at that point since it had already eaten the cam. As Ron White would say: "You can't fix stupid".

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I saw this exact prototype on the road as I was driving through Dearborn a few weeks ago. It's road presence is awesome when with all that camo on it. I can't wait to see it uncovered. 

It’s been out in force lately, was even out yesterday. The more I see it the more I’m tempted to push my reservation for it. I agree It has a road presence that is impressive even with the camo.