Bronco Sport Impresses

7 hours ago, probowler said:

What is an example of a good vehicle interior that isn't cheap? I'm honestly curious, because most of my cars have all been fords. 

Car and Driver did a "10 Best Car and Truck Interiors for less than $40,000" competition back in 2018. Here are the vehicles that won. https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g21287921/best-car-truck-interiors/

• Audi A3
  • BMW X1/X2
  • Honda Accord
  • Honda Ridgeline
  • Kia Cadenza
  • Kia Soul
  • Mazda CX-5
  • Mazda 6
  • Volkswagen Golf/GTI
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

I'm the opposite, never liked the Bronco II, so for me, kill it with fire. LOL

Hey, I did get a video from Ford as the result of a class action suit showing me how to drive it without tipping it over. Drove it 220,000 miles over 11 years and sold it for $1500 with a serious main seal leak. The buyer was going to put a new engine in it. The Bronco II was a rugged little bugger. With a fully loaded trailer, I drove it 200 miles through a blizzard and backed it up a steep driveway in heavy snow. The V6 engine came from Cologne, Germany. The swing out mirror anchor areas rusted after a few years. The 4WD system never gave me problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FordBuyer said:

Very cool. Looks like the Eddie Baur model. Mine was Bright blue XLT 1985. You can still find them out there. Still see one every now and then. 

Yes, out here in SW NM we still have quite a few Bronco II's and square bodied Rangers running around.  Great little work trucks.

Just now, ice-capades said:

I haven't seen a Bronco II in quite some time but our dealership has older Ranger's in for service every week. 

Every now and then I will get a message of one for sale....well preserved Bronco II will sell for $10,000+ much like a nice Fox body Mustang. 

11 hours ago, probowler said:

What is an example of a good vehicle interior that isn't cheap? I'm honestly curious, because most of my cars have all been fords. Had a 2004 monte carlo once, but that interior probably tied the fords for shitiness. I don't have any experience with brands that aren't Ford or Chevy.

Kia Telluride/Hyundai Palisade.  Most reviewers say they punch well above their class and border on interiors in vehicles like the Aviator.  

As for the Bronco Sport, one of the best reviewers out there (if not the best) really liked it:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

No offense meant. :)

None taken.  That's the wonderful thing about this country (or use to be) we can all like different things, have different tastes and that's fine.  I would never tell someone they can't have a v8 or v6 or an ev.  Get what works best for you.

• Like 1

In the I am not surprised department. David Tracey thought it was ok. He said it would sell well but wasn't truly impressed with it's off road chops. And the acceleration was alright with the 2.0.

I noticed this elsewhere, but David mentioned PTU overheating as a journalist from CNET I believe was flogging it in the sand. There were two reports of this, one a Big Bend (no PTU cooler) and a Badlands (with a cooler). That seemed to sour his mood on the Bronco. 

I hope the Badlands can handle a good floggging, especially  since it has a cooler.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-everything-it-needs-to-c-1845821988

52 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

In the I am not surprised department. David Tracey thought it was ok. He said it would sell well but wasn't truly impressed with it's off road chops. And the acceleration was alright with the 2.0.

I noticed this elsewhere, but David mentioned PTU overheating as a journalist from CNET I believe was flogging it in the sand. There were two reports of this, one a Big Bend (no PTU cooler) and a Badlands (with a cooler). That seemed to sour his mood on the Bronco. 

I hope the Badlands can handle a good floggging, especially  since it has a cooler.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2021-ford-bronco-sport-has-everything-it-needs-to-c-1845821988

Wow - anything less than a full blown Bronco just isn't good enough for him.

Everyone wants to drive the tough-looking Bronco, but price, fuel economy, and ride comfort will likely dissuade many, who instead of opting for the more capable body-on-frame, solid rear-axle Bronco, could seek refuge behind the wheel of a more car-like crossover.

That’s why the Bronco Sport is so important: It is there, in part, to act as a net for those who fall from the towering cloud that is Broncomania. And of course, it is there to steal sales from Jeep.

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Hmmm....Kelly Blue Book reviewer flogged the hell out of Sport in the sand and loved it. He was braking with his left foot and bringing the tail right around. He was very happy with the way it drove off road...punched well above its weight. Never mentioned overheating and it was long video review. 

The positive press is well deserved. Bronco Sport is the real deal, and mostly because the initial engineering work was done with the understanding that it WAS the Bronco. 

The transactional payoff to the Maverick program is just, how do I say, :chef's kiss:. 

Re-re-re-confirmed with my guys today... MAP Job1 for 2dr/4dr is *highly* unlikely to be altered, and they are developing multiple contingencies to deal possible slowdowns in roof production. Some are quite... creative.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The positive press is well deserved. Bronco Sport is the real deal, and mostly because the initial engineering work was done with the understanding that it WAS the Bronco. 

The transactional payoff to the Maverick program is just, how do I say, :chef's kiss:. 

Re-re-re-confirmed with my guys today... MAP Job1 for 2dr/4dr is *highly* unlikely to be altered, and they are developing multiple contingencies to deal possible slowdowns in roof production. Some are quite... creative.

Im hearing the same thing as well. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

All those guys that were bitching about no white top might just get one.

HRG

shrink_wrap_vehicles.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, T hawker said:

None taken.  That's the wonderful thing about this country (or use to be) we can all like different things, have different tastes and that's fine.  I would never tell someone they can't have a v8 or v6 or an ev.  Get what works best for you.

Thanks, but this was more important than free speech: I was talking about your ride! ;)

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I’ve heard this mentioned numerous times as well, but an article just came out about how Farleys input on the sport changed its design from something curvy like the escape to what we got now.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/ford-bronco-sport-lacked-identity-prior-to-ceo-jim-farleys-input/

“According to the story, the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport initially resembled something with a more swept back and curvy profile. Currently, one major Ford product sports a similar appearance: the all-new 2020 Ford Escape. Management wasn’t enamored with those early sketches, and the Bronco Sport program languished until 2017, which is when Farley stepped in to provide some guidance for the team. 

He offered two words that ended up serving as an inspiration for the designers involved with its creation: “honest” and “robust.” They interpreted those words as a green light to reshape the Ford Bronco Sport into something more upright, boxy, and functional. Basically, a design that more clearly channeled the bigger Bronco’s DNA.”