Is 2.0 engine adequate in Nautilus?

I will at least drive the 2.0 in a Nautilus. Give it a tryout. I recall some years ago....when I was at the Lincoln place having another of our vehicles worked on....and they gave me a loaner for overnight. It was a black MKT livery vehicle. Looked like a big black hearse.....but was all they had on hand. I drove it home.....power was OK, engine ran fine....but had a unexpected sound and feel. Not what you would expect in a luxury vehicle...though I had no particular complaints. Wasn't a 3.7 V6 for sure. Popped the hood....and that big old limo had the 2.0. Some kind of small run of special vehicles I guess. But have to admit, engine in that big old heavy vehicle had adequate power for town driving. 

19 hours ago, Ralph Greene said:

Thanks for everyone's replies. My wife likes 2 row SUV's with comfortable and roomy back seats....that's where she usually rides on trips. That's mostly what she likes about her Limited Edge. With it's smooth 3.5 V6. That and the fact her 2012 Edge had been a terrific vehicle, and the only thing that went wrong in 9 years to the day is the module that controls the NAV and dash went out at year 6 ($1000). Even the original tires lasted 60,000 miles. Now it's getting close to time to replace it. I've already decided I'm not paying $50,000 (or so) to buy a vehicle with a 4 cylinder engine. Would rather keep 1000 shares of a $50 stock than do that. The car loses half it's value in 3-4 years, and other might go up. However....she still wants me to buy her a real nice car.....So I guess I'm back to a new top of the line Edge....which has a nice comfortable interior, or Honda Passport...which also has a roomy second row...and which has a nice smooth 3.5 SOHC V6. And it's also a nice vehicle. But like many of you, I've been mostly loyal to Ford for many years. Decisions, decisions, .....Fortunately....I can do whatever she likes. 

You might also suggest she look at Genesis' new mid-sized crossover, the RWD/AWD GV80. In size, it come in-between the Nautilus and Aviator. It is basically a 2-row, but can be purchased in one configuration with a nearly unusable 3rd row (and no storage in back), which I expect few will buy. Its base engine is a 2.5 turbo 4-cylinder and its upgrade engine is a 3.5 V6 twin turbo. It is getting strong reviews and has a lovely interior that seems influenced by the Aviator. It is the vehicle that I would have hoped a redesigned Nautilus could have been and one I'll be looking at (amongst others, including the possibility of buying out my lease) when my Nautilus lease runs out in a year. I join others in strongly recommending the 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine option in the Nautilus. It is a powerful, quiet, and very reliable engine, and is much much better than a naturally aspirated 3.5 or 3.7.

Edited by Gurgeh

6 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

You might also suggest she look at Genesis' new mid-sized crossover, the RWD/AWD GV80. In size, it come in-between the Nautilus and Aviator. It is basically a 2-row, but can be purchased in one configuration with a nearly unusable 3rd row (and no storage in back), which I expect few will buy. Its base engine is a 2.5 turbo 4-cylinder and its upgrade engine is a 3.5 V6 twin turbo. It is getting strong reviews and has a lovely interior that seems influenced by the Aviator. It is the vehicle that I would have hoped a redesigned Nautilus could have been and one I'll be looking at (amongst others, including the possibility of buying out my lease) when my Nautilus lease runs out in a year. I join others in strongly recommending the 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine option in the Nautilus. It is a powerful, quiet, and very reliable engine, and is much much better than a naturally aspirated 3.5 or 3.7.

The Genesis is a beautiful vehicle , and as Gurgeh has said is getting great reviews.  In Canada the mid range GV80 lists for $70K , this is with the standard 2.5 4 cyl and a semi suite of Tech options. Top trim is $80 K.  The base trim lists at $65 K and a leatherette interior .  You can get a Reserve Nautilus with a 2.7 6 cyl, as well as full tech options and genuine Leather for $65K . 
The Genesis is a very desirable vehicle.  Hard to justify that kind of money for that car, compared to the Nautilus.  I would cross shop this car more with the Aviator, As price and trim wise it compares better . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, escapeman said:

The Genesis is a beautiful vehicle , and as Gurgeh has said is getting great reviews.  In Canada the mid range GV80 lists for $70K , this is with the standard 2.5 4 cyl and a semi suite of Tech options. Top trim is $80 K.  The base trim lists at $65 K and a leatherette interior .  You can get a Reserve Nautilus with a 2.7 6 cyl, as well as full tech options and genuine Leather for $65K . 
The Genesis is a very desirable vehicle.  Hard to justify that kind of money for that car, compared to the Nautilus.  I would cross shop this car more with the Aviator, As price and trim wise it compares better . 

True. In many ways it cross-shops better with the Aviator especially if you're looking for a 2-row, not 3-row. The Aviator's bigger than I want or need and I definitely do not want a 3-row crossover. The problem is, the Nautilus is going away rather than being redesigned. This will leave, for conventionally-powered crossovers, a big gap between the compact Corsair and the much larger Aviator (there's talk of a Nautilus-sized BEV Lincoln coming soonish, but all-electric won't work for me). When my lease is up I had planned to get the redesigned Nautilus, but apparently there won't be one.

Edited by Gurgeh

The 2.0 Turbo in my wife's Edge is adequate.  It is smooth, not particularly powerful, but adequate. It is not really comparable to the 2.3, which in comparison to the 2.0, is a torque monster. My Ranger feels a lot faster than the Edge, especially down low.

I really enjoy my Nautilus (assembled May 2019). The build quality is excellent and I haven't had any issues with the vehicle. I test drove one with the 2.0 and the 2.7 and found the latter to be the right choice for my needs. Smooth and powerful like a Lincoln should be and with minimal sacrifice in fuel economy. Either one will get the job done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

True. In many ways it cross-shops better with the Aviator especially if you're looking for a 2-row, not 3-row. The Aviator's bigger than I want or need and I definitely do not want a 3-row crossover. The problem is, the Nautilus is going away rather than being redesigned. This will leave, for conventionally-powered crossovers, a big gap between the compact Corsair and the much larger Aviator (there's talk of a Nautilus-sized BEV Lincoln coming soonish, but all-electric won't work for me). When my lease is up I had planned to get the redesigned Nautilus, but apparently there won't be one.

This is the reason I am going to order a 2021. As I have one more year on the lease of my 2019, and will only be working for 3 more years.  Get a 2021 in April of this year on a 3 year lease as I always do. This will take me full term to April 2024.  I am working till Jan 2024. I will order the 2.7 this time around for the smoothness of the engine. I love the Genesis, no way I could justify leasing that car for the lease $$$ in Canada. No value in the residuals, they are making up there money on the interest factor on the lease. Lease is 4.9 %. Money today is costing them 1.5%. 

• Like 1

I have a friend in Ontario Canada and he is looking at the 2021 2.7 Nautilus and also the smaller than 2021 Genesis GV80...the 2021 Genesis GV70. Not out until later this year (summer?). Have seen info on it on YouTube. Both great options.

I have seen the early pics and write up on the GV70 in the auto mags.  It does look very nice, totally agree.  Will be interesting to see how they price it.  I am under the impression that residuals for lease are not strong,  hence the bloated interest finance rate on the GV 80.  I am assuming this is the reason, as Genesis cars here in Ontario are used car bargains. There are not many around but find one and score. 

I was over at the Lincoln dealership today....and they had a Corsair sitting there.....standard with a select package (believe that's how they described it), took it around the block. It was a very nice driving vehicle. Engine smooth enough. 2.0 FWD.  It runs nicer from the drivers seat than it sounds from outside....in my opinion. Definitely a 4 person (at most) vehicle. But a nice size for someone looking for a vehicle to run errands around town. Not big enough for a family vehicle, which is why I like the Nautilus size, but that Corsair  was an impressive vehicle for it's size and competitive price. I think my wife would like it for her personal use. I notice there is a factory 2" receiver option.....looks far better than some U haul add on. My 70 year old wife (with both total knee replacements) likes to haul her E bike around sometimes with a bike rack that slides into a 2" receiver hitch, and ride our paved trails. 

Edited by Ralph Greene
  • Like 1