2021 Bronco Sport Media Reports

ice-capades

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

2021 Bronco Sport buyers see unexpected stardom; 'I just had no idea'

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/12/14/2021-ford-bronco-sport-debut-range-rover/6507011002/

9848d3a9-c394-4f05-8e0e-a8bc90fceba7-Keri.jpg

Wow, that's great news. I was surprised at some of the vehicles that were being traded-in for the Bronco Sport - Infinity QX50, BMW, Cadillac, ...

2 minutes ago, valve said:

Wow, that's great news. I was surprised at some of the vehicles that were being traded-in for the Bronco Sport - Infinity QX50, BMW, Cadillac, ...

Absolutely! I think the Bronco Sport's going to bring in a lot of "regular" customers that aren't necessarily aware of the larger Bronco. The positive impact of the Bronco Sport will only increase as they start being seen on the road and those early buyers are going to have a lot of fun talking to people that stop them to talk, etc. It was much the same every time a new generation Mustang came out. I had times where I could barely pull up to the gas pump because someone was flagging me down to ask if it was the new Mustang GT!

31 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I saw one wearing an civilian license plate yesterday. Every dealer around me I've driven by in has one parked front and  center. 

My dealership is still waiting for their first ones. There's 2 at the ramp in Newark, NJ, another in transit and another 3 in production. 

Back when Ford introduced the all-new 2005 Mustang, the first one I that arrived was a Screaming Yellow Clearcoat GT Coupe I'd ordered. I parked it right in front of the showroom under the Ford sign. The dealership is located on a high traffic volume avenue called the Magic Mile (a mile of strip malls... retail and restaurants) a half mile from a parkway interchange. You'd have thought the dealership had installed a traffic light! It was funny watching the traffic slow down when they spotted it and then pull in the lot!  

This is what makes customers LOVE their vehicles.  Not so-called 'reliability', not all the stuff consumer reports and the other auto rags nitpick about.   The number 1 single greatest factor for customer satisfaction in a vehicle is how it makes the driver feel.

Looks like the Bronco Sport nailed it!

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It could be a matter of the inventory settings your Dealer is using for online display. 

Whatever, I have no choice but to wait.  Not a big deal, in that I don't plan on buying until later this spring.  But I do need to sit in one to see if it fits my 6'4" frame.

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This excitement leads to an interesting thought I just had. How many dealer principals will buy a Bronco just to park it out front and draw interest since it's going to be a very long time before anyone will be able to get their hands on a stock order? 

Each dealer gets 2 demonstrators they have to keep for 4K miles.  Beyond that I’m sure they’ll keep one out front all the time if possible.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Sport right now but I think they're planning the same for Bronco. 

There is already a Bronco Sport for sale with 1900 miles at a Volvo dealership.  Not sure how they pulled that one off.

Look at the Carfax, they must have drove it from AZ to FL.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/Xmq3RqGkGlkbv9aSdTtlXUpq2M-v5ssVT3SG64Md2dMfoehpYoXwy8I0kYSoB7rJjPCMHkIzPjXlDIydbhoZWODcWfUbZfv3rk8

HRG

10 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

This is what makes customers LOVE their vehicles.  Not so-called 'reliability'

Yes sir Kev-Mo. Ford's strategy with Bronco and Bronco Sport emphasizing emotional aspects of the vehicles such as the iconic Bronco name and the styling inside and out is brilliant. 

And even though reliability isn't one of Ford's strengths generally, the Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly plant where Bronco Sport is put together has a good reputation among Ford plants worldwide for quality.

Was able to see 3 in person over the weekend at my dealership.  2 Base, 1 Outer Banks in Area 51.  I thought they looked great!  Was able to sit in a Base model, the Outer Banks was about to be prepped.  Look/felt much bigger than what dimensions read. I'm looking forward to driving a Badlands later this year.  I've put it on my short list of next vehicles.  As a sidebar . . . was also able to look at/sit in a 2021 F-150 Lariat . . . to my senses it made my 2014 F-150 seem small!  LOL!  But a DARN nice truck!!

• 2 weeks later...