Mustang Mach E Embargo Lifts

My biggest like was the rear 3/4 view and the inside. Some REALLY classy details...the illusion of a full width dash-stereo looked fantastic….and the interior door panels were some of the nicest I have seen....my only gripe was the square "speedo" dash behind the round steering wheel, I think it should have been circular to follow the wheels contours...but, that's relatively minor.

• Like 3

Looks like Gord is on a roll.....

new Bronco Sport is being well received both review and sales wise so far, new F150 retail orders up 200% vs last year, and now the Mach E giving the Model Y a run for its money. 

In my view, the Mach E has a better looking front end and back end than the Tesla. Also the digital instrument panel is a real winner compared to having to glance to the right for the Tesla. And Mach E has far better color choices and I bet better paint job/fit, finish than Tesla. 

One complaint I heard is that Navigation is mostly useless on Sync 4. Surprised as Navigation on my Sync 3 works fine and gives lots of detail on my 2020 Escape. Don't use my smart phone much anymore with this system. Also like how it has speed limit recognition on instrument panel and touch screen. Ditto for music choice recognition. 

Ford really nailed this one looks like... I read 5 reviews so far and watched 4 videos. The only really compliant is the bite of physical brake is not linear so the transition from brake regen (1 pedal driving) to those disk brakes is a bit jerky. This is something that can be fixed very quickly I think.

Summary so far based on the few reviews I read:

- Great exterior design: almost universal praise on the stylish look and fastback design

- Fantastic interior: Autoblog said it best: no "knock-knock" cheap plastic so common in other Fords. While not Audi-quality, the material material is light years better than Tesla

- Great infortainment system: SYNC4 and the big screen with tile setup is winning a lot of critics over. Everything is functional and Ford has included a wonderful tutorial mode to help new owners get started

- The car is fast... one of the fastest production car available now

- Drives and rides better than Tesla

- More efficient than Audi etron but not quite as efficient as Model Y

• Like 3

Welcome to the future! I am really impressed. Top range falls short of Tesla but give/take 30 miles is probably not a deal breaker for most. In my opinion, Ford has basically taken their knowledge and know how to make a higher quality, more user friendly and functional electric car compared to a Tesla (their biggest competitor). Really impressed by the technology.

One gripe that Doug highlighted, is the frunk. Ford needs to treat the frunk like a trunk not the hood. They need to make opening it up easier.

I can see them selling every one of these, especially since it still has a tax deduction. I think Ford could have a production restrained hit on their hands.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Welcome to the future! I am really impressed. Top range falls short of Tesla but give/take 30 miles is probably not a deal breaker for most. In my opinion, Ford has basically taken their knowledge and know how to make a higher quality, more user friendly and functional electric car compared to a Tesla (their biggest competitor). Really impressed by the technology.

One gripe that Doug highlighted, is the frunk. Ford needs to treat the frunk like a trunk not the hood. They need to make opening it up easier.

I can see them selling every one of these, especially since it still has a tax deduction. I think Ford could have a production restrained hit on their hands.

I think it may be a requirement to have a dual latch on frunks/hoods to prevent it from flying open at speeds.

I can't tell if that divider in there is permanent or removable, though.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think it may be a requirement to have a dual latch on frunks/hoods to prevent it from flying open at speeds.

I can't tell if that divider in there is permanent or removable, though.

I had a frunk on my Boxster. After closing it, you had to gently push down with palm and hear it click closed. It's nice to have a frunk. Only thing not nice is to not see the engine. 

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Man I wish this wasn't built in Mexico.... 

If you remember the Fusion debut, it took extra time to get them to the states as they have lots of obstacles in shipping South of the border. Add in Covid and the drug cartels and it ain't getting easier. Too bad FRAP or even the new electric F150 plant couldn't assemble them. 

Just now, FordBuyer said:

If you remember the Fusion debut, it took extra time to get them to the states as they have lots of obstacles in shipping South of the border. Add in Covid and the drug cartels and it ain't getting easier. Too bad FRAP or even the new electric F150 plant couldn't assemble them. 

Actually that has nothing to do with it. I would just rather buy something built in America. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

They need to either fish or cut bait with FRAP.  Rebuild it to support all vehicles or get rid of it.

Seems that the only thing saving it now is that Mustang is hugely popular in Europe. Lots of Mustang fans over there......nostalgia for the P51 Mustang fighter that brought freedom to the Nazi oppressed. Or/and maybe Coyote and Voodoo V8 power. Without European sales, hard to justify keeping FRAP open without massive rebuild. 

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Seems that the only thing saving it now is that Mustang is hugely popular in Europe. Lots of Mustang fans over there......nostalgia for the P51 Mustang fighter that brought freedom to the Nazi oppressed. Or/and maybe Coyote and Voodoo V8 power. Without European sales, hard to justify keeping FRAP open without massive rebuild. 

Voodoo V8 never made it over there. I don't think the new Predator engine has/will either.