Mustang Mach E Embargo Lifts

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

My biggest like was the rear 3/4 view and the inside. Some REALLY classy details...the illusion of a full width dash-stereo looked fantastic….and the interior door panels were some of the nicest I have seen....my only gripe was the square "speedo" dash behind the round steering wheel, I think it should have been circular to follow the wheels contours...but, that's relatively minor.

The Gauge Screen is my biggest gripe. I do not like it at all...

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Actually that has nothing to do with it. I would just rather buy something built in America. 

A car designed in the U.S. by a U.S. company that's assembled in Mexico or Canada is the next best thing to one designed and assembled in the U.S. by a U.S. company.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTL2017 said:

Why does the What Car video compare the MME to the Audi E-Tron and Jaguar I-pace? Even in the U.K, they're significantly more expensive than the MME. 

Because those are the two most popular similar size EV CUV, besides the obvious Model Y.

31 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah, I'm not for exporting manufacturing. 2 out of 3 is a fail to me.

While I would tend to agree with this. The fact that these 2 vehicles b.s and mach have had a successful launch Says something about Ford's Mexican operations.  Hopefully we can follow suit with the Bronco sooner than later.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think it may be a requirement to have a dual latch on frunks/hoods to prevent it from flying open at speeds.

I can't tell if that divider in there is permanent or removable, though.

You can remove it. There is a pop out tab that reveals the screws to take it out. I don't see why you'd need to as you can use the back for large things. 

Interesting note, you can use it as an ice cooler and it has a drain plug to empty water when it melts!

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Ford really nailed this one looks like... I read 5 reviews so far and watched 4 videos. The only really compliant is the bite of physical brake is not linear so the transition from brake regen (1 pedal driving) to those disk brakes is a bit jerky. This is something that can be fixed very quickly I think.

Summary so far based on the few reviews I read:

- Great exterior design: almost universal praise on the stylish look and fastback design

- Fantastic interior: Autoblog said it best: no "knock-knock" cheap plastic so common in other Fords. While not Audi-quality, the material material is light years better than Tesla

- Great infortainment system: SYNC4 and the big screen with tile setup is winning a lot of critics over. Everything is functional and Ford has included a wonderful tutorial mode to help new owners get started

- The car is fast... one of the fastest production car available now

- Drives and rides better than Tesla

- More efficient than Audi etron but not quite as efficient as Model Y

I also was impressed with the sound bar in the dash. I never saw that feature in a car before!

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah, I'm not for exporting manufacturing. 2 out of 3 is a fail to me.

My wife and I too prefer the ideal scenario of 3 out of 3, U.S. design & engineering, U.S. company HQ, and U.S. final assembly. But the first two are most important from a "Buy American" standpoint. Also, Mexico and Canada are neighbors of the U.S. with very similar standards for automotive manufacturing operations as plants in the U.S. 

So we placed a reservation for a Mustang Mach-E last year without qualms about its assembly location, and would do so again in the future for other Ford BEV that will be assembled in Mexico or Canada.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jose said:

While I would tend to agree with this. The fact that these 2 vehicles b.s and mach have had a successful launch Says something about Ford's Mexican operations.  Hopefully we can follow suit with the Bronco sooner than later.

During first Gen fusion production Hermosillo was Ford’s best quality plant.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, akirby said:

They need to either fish or cut bait with FRAP.  Rebuild it to support all vehicles or get rid of it.

I think as product development plans move forward with Ford's vehicle portfolio in the next couple of years, and plant utilization develops further, that Ford will make a permanent commitment to FRAP. 

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Do you support your fellow union members in Mexico too?

Those are unions? I thought those were mafias paid for by cartels to shut up and do what they’re told

In all seriousness, it's hard to when they don't truly fight for their members. They had that big ass strike last year and what did they really get out of it? Quality of life and wages have not improved at all. 

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Those are unions? I thought those were mafias paid for by cartels to shut up and do what they’re told

In all seriousness, it's hard to when they don't truly fight for their members. They had that big ass strike last year and what did they really get out of it? Quality of life and wages have not improved at all. 

Yes sir, CTM is a labor union federation. They could do a better job fighting for the members' interests, but the same holds true for AFL-CIO affiliated unions in the U.S. and Unifor and CLC affiliated unions in Canada.  

Edited by rperez817

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Do you support your fellow union members in Mexico too?

In practice, Mexican labor unions advocate for the company, not the workers. This is slowly changing, but it will probably be decades before workers there have legitimate voice in their labor agreements.

In the second, NY Times article, the workers at a Mexican Brdgestone plant won the right to choose which union would represent them; the incumbent or the new, employee focused one. The election was supervised and all parties were present.

The week before the election, the company paid the workers a $1500 bonus, and the incumbent union won the election. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, akirby said:

During first Gen fusion production Hermosillo was Ford’s best quality plant.

I understand this is how the world works today. I wish more stuff was made in the USA buy USA based companies.

If Mexico assembly is the hard-fast result of Trade Agreements, then Ford should spin Mexico and Canada assembly like Toyota does and tag the vehicles:  Assembled in North America by Ford Motor Company.

All these foreign brand fan-boys running around claiming how the Japanese cars are 'More American' and do not realize that many are assembled in Mexico and labeled or reported as "North America".

4 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

I understand this is how the world works today. I wish more stuff was made in the USA buy USA based companies.

If Mexico assembly is the hard-fast result of Trade Agreements, then Ford should spin Mexico and Canada assembly like Toyota does and tag the vehicles:  Assembled in North America by Ford Motor Company.

All these foreign brand fan-boys running around claiming how the Japanese cars are 'More American' and do not realize that many are assembled in Mexico and labeled or reported as "North America".

Ford still builds more vehicles in the US than any other auto maker.  I look at it this way - certain vehicles need to be built in Mexico to maintain profit levels (or to make a profit at all).  These profits allow Ford to build more vehicles in the US.  E.g. Bronco Sport helps amortize the C2 platform for Escape and Corsair that are built in Louisville.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

No matter where they’re built, Toyotas, Hondas, Subarus, etc. are not American and never will be. Most are designed and engineered  in Japan. Those that claim they’re somehow “American” are deluding themselves.

• Like 3

It still grates on my curmudgeon nerve that they named the electric car a Mustang. For me, the Mustang holds a special place in car culture. This was the first "sporty" car, and most everyone knew it was not supposed to be a Porsche or even a MGB beater (at first),  But society is changing and car culture doesn't have nearly as many card-carrying, dirty fingernail motorheads as it used to fifty-plus years ago. Maybe .I just wish they would have used Falcon or Comet or something if they were going to use an historic name. 

However, using the Maverick name on the forthcoming C2 pickup is fine.

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ford still builds more vehicles in the US than any other auto maker.  I look at it this way - certain vehicles need to be built in Mexico to maintain profit levels (or to make a profit at all).  These profits allow Ford to build more vehicles in the US.  E.g. Bronco Sport helps amortize the C2 platform for Escape and Corsair that are built in Louisville.