Mustang Mach E Embargo Lifts

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Using that as a baseline....wasn't the Ranger the same situation...it was designed in Australia and tested around MI  

I lived right down the street from the test track when the North American Ranger was being developed. Never saw a ROW model on the streets. In fact, I had never seen one in person ever until they brought one into MAP a small parked it next to a prototype NA Ranger so we could see the 2 side by side and compare. 

Yesterday it was announced that Mustang Mach-E is one of the 3 finalists for 2021 North American Utility vehicle of the Year. The other finalists are Genesis GV80 and Land Rover Defender. Winner will be announced in January 2021. I think Mustang Mach-E will win.

List of all semifinalists. https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/nactoy-names-2021-semifinalists/

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Yesterday it was announced that Mustang Mach-E is one of the 3 finalists for 2021 North American Utility vehicle of the Year. The other finalists are Genesis GV80 and Land Rover Defender. Winner will be announced in January 2021. I think Mustang Mach-E will win.

List of all semifinalists. https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/nactoy-names-2021-semifinalists/

That Genesis GV80 is a real looker. Looks like Korea has another huge winner. But the Mach E should win as most reviewers rate it better than Model Y.

• Like 1

just ran some lease numbers on a Mach E and pulled incentives...residual isn't bad ( 54 % 12k) rates a tads high 3.94...and no rebates. Got me curious...they have been stating the car will be eligible for the $7500 tax credit. With the Fusion Energis that credit became a rebate towards drive offs....the 7500 was conspicuously absent....work in progress?

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

just ran some lease numbers on a Mach E and pulled incentives...residual isn't bad ( 54 % 12k) rates a tads high 3.94...and no rebates. Got me curious...they have been stating the car will be eligible for the $7500 tax credit. With the Fusion Energis that credit became a rebate towards drive offs....the 7500 was conspicuously absent....work in progress?

So what is the 36 month lease rate with ZERO down (considering the $7500 tax credit)?

Just now, 02MustangGT said:

So what is the 36 month lease rate with ZERO down (considering the $7500 tax credit)?

for regular customer ( no plan AXZD ) minimum drives of $1624, $806 plus tax on a Premium RWD that has a $53340 MSRP.  Unless Ford changes their mindset, youll see some orders sitting on lots......from what I gather the $7500 is outside of the actual deal and something the Customer has to seek/ apply for themselves. Apparently Fords owed a SHITELOAD from the Govt in the reimbursement for the $$$ ( I believe it was 6k or so ) they passed onti  individuals on the Fusion Energi leases....

50 minutes ago, Deanh said:

for regular customer ( no plan AXZD ) minimum drives of $1624, $806 plus tax on a Premium RWD that has a $53340 MSRP.  Unless Ford changes their mindset, youll see some orders sitting on lots......from what I gather the $7500 is outside of the actual deal and something the Customer has to seek/ apply for themselves. Apparently Fords owed a SHITELOAD from the Govt in the reimbursement for the $$$ ( I believe it was 6k or so ) they passed onti  individuals on the Fusion Energi leases....

Thanks Dean. It doesn’t make much financial sense to lease a Mach E at these rates.  Unless of course you don’t qualify for a low interest loan.  I’ve never found Ford or Lincoln leases to be a financially sound decision (with the exception of the all mighty A/Z lease advertisements).  I’ve leased one vehicle, a ‘99 Cougar V6 which I knew I wouldn’t want to keep longer than 3 years.  At that time in my life, it was a decent deal with X-plan at around $300/mo with $300+tax down.  Of course new vehicle loan interest rates were in the 8% range back then.  

iTxhlfG.jpg

HnaniFr.jpg

WYcy1qT.jpg

So ignore my photos being bad.  The blue light box the Mach E was in made it annoying for photos, but I drove up to Orlando to see the Bronco at the auto show, and Mach E was there too.

Exterior wise, it looks pretty good.  It's clearly a small crossover, but an attractive one.

The interior, though, was actually rather impressive.  High quality materials put together well in an attractive design.  The tablet was actually on when I sat in the front seat and seemed to responsive and work nicely.  There was a lot of leg room in the back seat, as well.  Biggest complaint I have is the awkward frunk opening process with the pulling the latch inside twice - when I went to open it, the latch had been removed or broken off inside the car (despite someone having had the frunk open when I walked up.  Otherwise, I think it'll do well.  I overheard one of the reps there saying the GTs are sold out as well...don't know if that's true or not.

Edited by rmc523

20 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

iTxhlfG.jpg

HnaniFr.jpg

WYcy1qT.jpg

So ignore my photos being bad.  The blue light box the Mach E was in made it annoying for photos, but I drove up to Orlando to see the Bronco at the auto show, and Mach E was there too.

Exterior wise, it looks pretty good.  It's clearly a small crossover, but an attractive one.

The interior, though, was actually rather impressive.  High quality materials put together well in an attractive design.  The tablet was actually on when I sat in the front seat and seemed to responsive and work nicely.  There was a lot of leg room in the back seat, as well.  Biggest complaint I have is the awkward frunk opening process with the pulling the latch inside twice - when I went to open it, the latch had been removed or broken off inside the car (despite someone having had the frunk open when I walked up.  Otherwise, I think it'll do well.  I overheard one of the reps there saying the GTs are sold out as well...don't know if that's true or not.

The frunk opening is awkward. It's not on the key fob and when you download the ap on the phone, you can control everything on the car with it except open the frunk.

52 minutes ago, akirby said:

We already discussed this.  It’s a safety feature so the trunk doesn’t open accidentally while driving down the road.  If the trunk opens while driving it’s no big deal but if the hood opens you’re SOL.

I know.  I'm just saying I think it could be done better.

^^^Both our Aviator and daughters Escape have Fords new pull twice method to open the hood.  The first pull pops the hood and the second releases the safety latch.  IMO it's a big improvement over the ancient pull once then find the safety latch under the hood method...

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

^^^Both our Aviator and daughters Escape have Fords new pull twice method to open the hood.  The first pull pops the hood and the second releases the safety latch.  IMO it's a big improvement over the ancient pull once then find the safety latch under the hood method...

Yeah, though conversely makes it annoying if it accidentally re-latches the safety one and you have to go back to pull again......first world problems lol.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 6:22 PM, 02MustangGT said:

Thanks Dean. It doesn’t make much financial sense to lease a Mach E at these rates.  Unless of course you don’t qualify for a low interest loan.  I’ve never found Ford or Lincoln leases to be a financially sound decision (with the exception of the all mighty A/Z lease advertisements).  I’ve leased one vehicle, a ‘99 Cougar V6 which I knew I wouldn’t want to keep longer than 3 years.  At that time in my life, it was a decent deal with X-plan at around $300/mo with $300+tax down.  Of course new vehicle loan interest rates were in the 8% range back then.  

gut tells me they will re evaluate this scenario toot sweet, or suffer quite a few lost deals....I have one on order for the wife...I will NOT be going forward at those numbers, and leasing would be my choice based on the depreciation Ive witnessed with Fords other Plug ins and the like...the Mach may do better from a depreciation standpoint but that's something with which I don't really want to be the guinea pig on...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, Deanh said:

The $7,500 is a tax credit that the vehicle owner can use in the tax return. If you are leasing, Ford Credit is the owner and will get the tax credit. But Ford Credit will be foolish to not give that to the lease customer as a rebate - it's been industry standard practice.