Door locking while hood is open

Ohsix

15 minutes ago, Ohsix said:

I opened the doors on  my 2019 Fusion SE using the outside keypad

Opened hood while checking engine oil etc

the doors locked! The key fob was about 50 feet away.

Hi Ohsix. Is it possible anyone/anything touched the keyfob? A bird landed on or pecked at it? ? 

Perhaps kids touched the keyfob or door handles when you were not looking?

If not, then mention it on your next service visit. Or if it worries you, call and make an appointment now. Safe to assume your Fusion is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Car Warranty?

Keep us updated and good luck.

5 hours ago, Ohsix said:

I opened the doors on  my 2019 Fusion SE using the outside keypad

Opened hood while checking engine oil etc

the doors locked! The key fob was about 50 feet away.

After unlocking the door with the keypad, did you open any of the doors? I know that my car (2004 Mazda6) will re-lock the doors if the key fob is used to unlock the doors but no doors are opened within a specified period of time.

1 hour ago, valve said:

After unlocking the door with the keypad, did you open any of the doors? I know that my car (2004 Mazda6) will re-lock the doors if the key fob is used to unlock the doors but no doors are opened within a specified period of time.

Hi valve. Just as an FYI: Fords and Lincolns do not do that.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, valve said:

I did have a look around on Google and it seems that this is common feature on Ford vehicles - Auto relock.

Hi valve. I will not swear it is not possible. However, it is not a feature on any Ford or Lincoln vehicle I have ever owned, in a lifetime of Ford and Lincoln vehicles. That includes my two current MKZ's (cousin of the Fusion the OP owns). The latest being a 2018.

To educate myself, I also just Googled "Ford Auto Relock", and the information others have posted is very contradictory. When I actually read the links provided more deeply, seems it may be an available feature in some Ford vehicle, but not others. Some say it is an available feature through FORScan reprogramming, others say it is not available. Almost seems to be a feature of Lincoln/Ford vehicles that are built on this side of the pond and also exported to the EU (Mustang/Focus/F-150). And while the Fusion is also sold as the Mondeo in the EU, the Mondeo version is built in Valencia, Spain..

Lincoln/Ford vehicles do have an "Autolock" feature? That feature locks the doors once we hit 12 mph. However, it does not do what you describe with Mazda vehicles.

I even went out to my 2018 to check the Drivers Information Center to see if perhaps I had overlooked something when I purchased it and I took another look in the Owners Manual. The door lock settings consist of "Autounlock", "Feedback", "Mislock", "Remote Unlock" and "Switches Inhibit". No "Auto Relock".

So my conclusion/opinion: While some Lincoln/Ford vehicles in the US may have an "Auto Relock" feature available, the Fusion that the OP owns does not, just as my MKZ doesn't. Again, not swearing to this, but it seems the information points in that direction.

However, I think the best way to solve this would be for the OP to unlock his Fusion again, then move the Fob away from the vehicle and see if it Auto Relocks. Try this two or three times. If it repeatedly Auto Relocks, then the question is answered and his fusion has the Auto Relock feature. If it does not Auto Relock, it does not. ?

Hope all of that is somewhat understandable and good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That feature is not listed for the 2019 Fusion but it’s possible that it’s just not documented,

Hi Allen. It seems to be one of those mysteries that each vehicle owner will need to check for himself/herself by testing their car and/or reading the Owners Manual to try and enable it...if available. Definitely not on either of my MKZ's.

Just curious, since we know features are sometimes listed in  Owners Manual which do not actually make it to production: Did you have it enabled and experience its use on your 2013?

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

17 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi valve. Just as an FYI: Fords and Lincolns do not do that.

Good luck.

Hi bbf2530,

I don't know if the OP's vehicle was purchased used, but my Fusion Sport does do this.  Why?  Because I enabled it with ForScan.  It didn't until I went in and changed that though, because as you said, the Fords and Lincolns don't do that normally.  But what I'm thinking, is maybe the OP's car was purchased used, and whoever owned it before made ForScan changes.

Also another little bit about this:

From what I remember, there are two places this is at in your vehicle modules.  The Body Control Module actually controls the signaling for the locks, and that's where setting is that actually enables this.  Then there's the IPC Module, which has a setting that controls whether you can see/control this option in your Driver Information Display.  So you can have it enabled without even seeing it as an option on your dash, or you can have it set up like mine where you can control it from the dash.

2 minutes ago, ncffs said:

Hi bbf2530,

I don't know if the OP's vehicle was purchased used, but my Fusion Sport does do this.  Why?  Because I enabled it with ForScan.  It didn't until I went in and changed that though, because as you said, the Fords and Lincolns don't do that normally.  But what I'm thinking, is maybe the OP's car was purchased used, and whoever owned it before made ForScan changes.

Hi ncffs. Yes, that is a definite possibility.

I did see and mention in one of my previous posts that some owners state they have used the FORScan software to enable the feature. Others state they have tried to enable with no success. It seems to be hit or miss according to the Lincoln/Ford vehicle model.

Thanks for verifying it is possible in your Fusion Sport using FORScan.

Good luck.

23 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Allen. It seems to be one of those mysteries that each vehicle owner will need to check for himself/herself by testing their car and/or reading the Owners Manual to try and enable it...if available. Definitely not on either of my MKZ's.

Just curious, since we know features are sometimes listed in  Owners Manual which do not actually make it to production: Did you have it enabled and experience its use on your 2013?

Good luck.

I don’t remember.  I probably wouldn’t have noticed it.