2013 Ford Edge Windshield fogging issue

ronrf1

I have a 2013 Ford Edge SE and my windshield either keep getting fogged up and defroster blows air but not enough of directed to actually clear the windshield. I am not sure if the issue is that the windshield is very dusty or actually fogs up and I cannot clear it. I( purchased RainX Anti-Fog and that does not seem to make a difference.

19 hours ago, ronrf1 said:

I have a 2013 Ford Edge SE and my windshield either keep getting fogged up and defroster blows air but not enough of directed to actually clear the windshield. I am not sure if the issue is that the windshield is very dusty or actually fogs up and I cannot clear it. I( purchased RainX Anti-Fog and that does not seem to make a difference.

When was the last time you cleaned the inside of the windshield really well?

TT

I agree with TobyTime

I was adding some washer fluid to my 2019 Edge and I noticed that leaves have blocked all the vents inside the hood just below the window.  I am embarrassed because I know better.  We haven't driven the vehicle much (surprise) and are parking it outside for the last couple of months as I am rearranging stuff in the garage (please my - person that I am living with (I have taken sensitivity training) is on my case about that.).  

Optimizing engine compartments (another term for stuffing as much as possible under the hood) means what used to fall through to the ground can get stuck in places.  Also, the aerodynamics are optimized - that is, driving at highway speeds won't get rid of stuff as easily.  One (meaning "I") can't depend on Quicklane (or your oil change service) to do the job for you.  On a positive note, the Quicklane guys did fill up my washer fluid.  I could tell because I use the orange stuff and they put in the blue stuff.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:59 PM, ronrf1 said:

When was the last time you serviced the cabin air filter? That would account for all your symptoms. 

Edited by YT90SC