2021 Escape Titanium - items deleted

Torino1970

Questions I’d like answered on the 2021 Escape Titanium:

1. Why no leather seats except for the “special” Titanium – extra cost package
  2. Why no longer have turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors
  3. Why no leather steering wheel except for the “special” Titanium – extra cost package
  4. Why no longer have “acoustic glass” window glass for the front doors

I have a 2019 Escape Titanium along with a 2017 Fusion Platinum.  I thought that I’d probably trade the 2017 Fusion for a 2021 Escape Titanium, but most likely I will not do that based on the issues from above.

I’ll be interested in your or Ford response.

• Like 1

My daughters 2020 Escape Titanium 2.0 with Premium Package apperently has the following items that are no longer available for 2021 due to decontenting:  Steering wheel paddle shifters; 110v inverter outlet;  led signal mirrors; engine cover; laminated acoustic front door glass;  and possibly the acoustic windshield.  We're really glad she didn't wait for a 2021 model.  The only new addition for 2021 that hers doesn't have is speed sign recognition... I'll take all those deleted goodies over that any day.  Eliminating the paddle shifters on the 2.0 models really doesn't make sense because the new Escape 2.0's are an absolute blast to drive in sport mode... but I haven't told my daughter that, lol!

Edited by CoolScoop

On 12/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, Torino1970 said:

Questions I’d like answered on the 2021 Escape Titanium:

1. Why no leather seats except for the “special” Titanium – extra cost package
  2. Why no longer have turn signal indicators on the outside mirrors
  3. Why no leather steering wheel except for the “special” Titanium – extra cost package
  4. Why no longer have “acoustic glass” window glass for the front doors

I have a 2019 Escape Titanium along with a 2017 Fusion Platinum.  I thought that I’d probably trade the 2017 Fusion for a 2021 Escape Titanium, but most likely I will not do that based on the issues from above.

I’ll be interested in your or Ford response.

Good questions Torino1970 sir. These changes for 2021 Ford Escape Titanium are a combination of the usual Ford de-contenting as CoolScoop and dwg mentioned along with Ford's desire to make base price on 2021 Escape Titanium a little lower than the 2020 model.

Edited by rperez817

On 12/15/2020 at 8:19 PM, CoolScoop said:

The only new addition for 2021 that hers doesn't have is speed sign recognition..

Found a forum thread at fordescape.org that explains how to use Forscan to fully enable speed sign recognition for 2020 Escapes!!

Edited by CoolScoop

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 8:15 AM, CoolScoop said:

Found a forum thread at fordescape.org that explains how to use Forscan to fully enable speed sign recognition for 2020 Escapes!!

Surprised to hear that since my 2020 Escape SE Sport has speed sign recognition as did the Titanium model I test drove without premium package. Mine has the premium package. Also has the wireless charging pad.

Disappointed to see all the decontenting on the 2021 model. I guess Ford doesn't benchmark their vehicles against the competition that offer auto dimming mirror, fog lights, side mirror signal lights, and one up and down power window as standard equipment on their mid level trims. Or they think their customers don't notice the deletions. All the above are safety related and should be standard on mid level trims on up. 

16 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Surprised to hear that since my 2020 Escape SE Sport has speed sign recognition as did the Titanium model I test drove without premium package. Mine has the premium package. Also has the wireless charging pad.

My daughter's 2020 Titanium does show a speed sign but it's based on navigation/location not from actually reading signs, so it doesn't work everywhere.  Speed sign recognition is new for 2021 according to the order guide and according to this thread at fordescape.org the 2020 has the required hardware and it can be be activated via Forscan:

https://www.fordescape.org/threads/speed-sign-recognition-for-2020-escape.116496/

Edited by CoolScoop

• 1 month later...