The Hamster drives the new Mustang Mach 1

11 hours ago, probowler said:

One of my favorite mustangs in my favorite color.

Agree!  I always wanted a '69 or '70 Mach 1 since high school.... so needless to say I was one of the first to order one when the '03s were announced!  The '21 Mach 1 is awesome but it's not a heritage car like the '03-'04 models.  There should at least be on option package with all matte black striping, wing type spoiler, comfort-weave leather seats, and especially a shaker hood scoop thats die cast with the original dies!

1_IMG_0439~2.JPG

1608415030592_1608415024130_IMG_0434~2.JPG

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

The '03/'04 was the ONLY Mach 1 with a standard shaker. It was either only optional, or not available on all other model years.

Besides, with this Mach 1 going global, there's no way it would have passed the pedestrian impact laws (EU Mustangs have an "active" hood that deploys upwards with the use of small explosives in the event of a pedestrian impact).

Besides, in trying to make it functional, it would likely have reduced performance, not increased it.

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

The '03/'04 was the ONLY Mach 1 with a standard shaker. It was either only optional, or not available on all other model years.

Besides, with this Mach 1 going global, there's no way it would have passed the pedestrian impact laws (EU Mustangs have an "active" hood that deploys upwards with the use of small explosives in the event of a pedestrian impact).

Besides, in trying to make it functional, it would likely have reduced performance, not increased it.

Correct, the shaker was optional on the original and it should be optional now.  They could have done more than raiding varius part bins and adding a cue ball.  Some of us care far more about style and heritage than all out performance... at car cruises the shaker always draws massive attention.  The difference for those like me, who have been waiting 18 long years for an updated Mach 1, is must have versus not interested... and disappointment.  If I traded my '03 for a '21 I would be Scoopless instead of CoolScoop, LOL.. both on forums and at car cruises.  But on the bright side I can start saving for a must have Bronco now instead!

Edited by CoolScoop