2021 F250 Bed Mat

EsTxDr

So new to the form, just ordered a '21 F250 limited 6.7. New to Ford, full size pickups, and super duty. Good site here with lots of info. 

So you can't order the Ford bed mat if you select the 5th wheel prep package. My understanding is the plugs were flush. Are you unable to use a bed mat with the prep package? Do they interfere with using a mat? 

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was assuming the plugs would sit flush with the bed. I did get the spray in liner, I was just thinking of using a mat as well for traction control. 

Maybe the plugs will be flush with the spray in liner. Not a big deal either way I guess, just thinking while I wait for it to arrive.

2 hours ago, EsTxDr said:

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was assuming the plugs would sit flush with the bed. I did get the spray in liner, I was just thinking of using a mat as well for traction control. 

Maybe the plugs will be flush with the spray in liner. Not a big deal either way I guess, just thinking while I wait for it to arrive.

I think the plugs are flush or very close but our dealership doesn't have a vehicle in stock right now with the 5th Wheel Prep package for me to check. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On my last pickup i used a sheet of PT plywood with the  3 holes cut out so it did not interfere with  Gooseneck ball in the center & the two safety  chain retainers.  so with a bed mat you could the same.  I would recommend the spray in bed liner as a defense against dirt & debris that get in under the mat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2021 7.3 CCSB w/gooseneck hitch kit, delivery to dealer 03/05. I don't have a trailer that need I need the hitch for (just bumper pull trailers now) but just in case.

For my use of the truck at this time I'm considering a DECKED drawer system. Any experience out there with DECKED and the time/difficulty of removal for using gooseneck hitch?

On 2/19/2021 at 6:06 AM, SD FAN said:

2021 7.3 CCSB w/gooseneck hitch kit, delivery to dealer 03/05. I don't have a trailer that need I need the hitch for (just bumper pull trailers now) but just in case.

For my use of the truck at this time I'm considering a DECKED drawer system. Any experience out there with DECKED and the time/difficulty of removal for using gooseneck hitch?

I don't, but I'll give you a good reason for that gooseneck.  At least in WA state, horse trailers are exempt from requiring a CDL, regardless of weight.  You can put anything in a horse trailer.  Heck, TFL Trucks put totes full of water in a horse trailer to test towing weight.  I imagine lots of states have this exemption.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 7:45 PM, Cold Snak said:

Looks like a DZ rubber matt would work fine. 

I just ordered the DZ 87012 for my 2020, 8' bed with factory pucks. I plan to cut 2 holes for my B&W Companion OEM.

If you go onto Facebook and leave a review on CARiD, they are offering a $25.00 e-coupon.. I just used mine towards my bed mat... was 80.00 + tax + $38.00 shipping.... ended up paying $96 out the door

• 2 weeks later...